If not a Blackstar HT-5R then ...?

What's Hot
pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
Hey all, looking for a valve amp with an fx loop (for a looper pedal, mostly) for home practice/small jams - does the HT-5R have this sewn up or are there others to look at? Must work OK at lower volumes.

I play most anything except punk/thrash/djent.

I don't know a great deal about amps, am I looking for unicorn pooh here?

Thx.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Can I be the first to jump in and suggest a Boss Katana 100 1x12?  Not valve but totally giggable and works at extremely low volumes.  Has an FX loop unlike the 50, which otherwise would fit your bill better.

I have played a Blackstar HT1R and a Vox AC4 and I didn't find either very impressive at the volume I felt I could get to in the store.  I guess the HT5R would be OK at "low enough to annoy the neighbours but not enough that they call the council" volumes.

Try a Katana, seriously :)

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Laney Cub 12? Valves, effects loop 15 watts with a built in attenuated <1 watt input too, still gets pretty loud through the <1 watt input but not excessively loud, full BMT tone stack with a master tone control that works on the output stage. Plenty of gain on tap but not enough to djent or really thrash out. Sounds pretty good, could possibly benefit from a better speaker, but the stock HH driver sounds decent with some time to break in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Ta will take a look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom