George Harrison amp......

What's Hot

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• its all too much
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Monopoly money.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited October 2017
    If I was spending 80,000 on an amp I would want to see unquestionable provenance. Could easily be a fake or never actually owned by him. Standard procedure when those kind of prices are being asked.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Does the Taxman know?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Wonder if it has PAT Certificate? These days all things must pass....
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    The crazy think is having serviced one, with the S/S front end they sound terrible, very sterile just like a PA amp, but then again, I guess it won't be bought for its tonal qualities  ;)  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    DJH83004 said:
    The crazy think is having serviced one, with the S/S front end they sound terrible, very sterile just like a PA amp, but then again, I guess it won't be bought for its tonal qualities  ;)  
    I would :). The opening riff on Sgt. Pepper was probably played on it - although it's not a 'classic valve overdrive sound', in my opinion it's one of the best and certainly one of the most iconic sounds ever recorded with an electric guitar.

I don't think I'd pay £80k for it though ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    He lives near me - apparently.
    Wonder who it is?
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    ICBM said:
    DJH83004 said:
    I would :). The opening riff on Sgt. Pepper was probably played on it - although it's not a 'classic valve overdrive sound', in my opinion it's one of the best and certainly one of the most iconic sounds ever recorded with an electric guitar.

I don't think I'd pay £80k for it though ;).
    I think we may have had this conversation before IC, the only saving grace is the little 'boost' button, which does give it an early '70s fuzz box sort of vibe, so I will concede that  ;)  
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4802
    Didn't Bernard Sumner use one as well, his JD tone was "different" but I love it. Page also used a derivative of the UL series in the Yardbirds and Zep 1 and II didn't he? I'd love a play through one, but £80k is insane.............!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.