Liam Gallagher live

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
Just sat here listening to Liam Gallagher live on R2 (rock and roll).

I never thought that I could sing.

Clearly, based on what I'm listening to right now, I've been wrong all these years ... either that or he's completely lost it now.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounded Off the scale magnificent to me....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
    Sounded Off the scale magnificent to me....
    He certainly seemed to be singing on a different scale to the rest of the band
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If ever there was a man who should have simply been a bricklayer... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Haters gonna hate
    Not sure if you posted that in seriousness or not, but that's a meaningless phrase, it winds me up when people try to shut down legitimate comment using that.

They played a track from yesterday's live set on the radio this morning and I agree, the singing, if you can call it that, was appalling.
    I have previously downloaded the album and quite like it and the singing wasn't that bad.  Not sure what was up with him but how can he get away with that?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
    Haters gonna hate
    I've bought most of the Oasis albums, and appreciate them for what they are.  Good stuff, played well, and I often choose to listen to it.

What I've seen of recorded / broadcast live performances have been good too.  

So, I wouldn't say I'm a hater.

But last night, the vocals were not good.  He was either not trying, was unwell, has lost the skill, or everything else that I've heard has been heavily "managed" prior to release.  It was disappointing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought that he was bad in an Ian Brown kind of way, as in he has so much confidence in what he's doing that it doesn't matter because he believes he's good.   
  • RogerRoger Frets: 20
    Can't comment as haven't listened to him today, but what I've heard of him recently has been - well - Liam! Bob Dylan, Lemmy, Neil Young, John Lydon, Jarvis Cocker - none of these are great at singing but they have their own style and get their message across in a way people relate to. It's always subjective - there are plenty of so called 'good' singers I can't stand hearing - Adele & Amy Winehouse to name but two.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12357
    Have seen Oasis live numerous times (and enjoyed it) and never thought he was a particularly good singer, the comment about Ian Brown is about right!  Noel always sounded quite good.  Biggest gripe with live oasis gigs is of course the group of yobs at the back who relentlessly throw cups of p#ss into the crowd!
  • If you can stand with a tambourine balanced on your head whilst 50000 chant your name, you can do what you want.
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    IF you can keep your tambourine on youhead when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men are throwing piss at you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I listened again and, yes, he is bad but he is a great frontman.  He has charisma and a lot of stage presence and gives off a lot of energy  for someone who doesn’t really move around that much on stage.    
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3857
    I thought his singing was awful on Jools the other week too. Always sounds flat to me these days. IMO his voice is shot.
  • Maybe there is something wrong with him - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41866056

I think that picture they have of him on that article is actually a promo shot from the Sacha Baron Cohen film The Brothers Grimsby.  
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    He has always been a duff live singer. He sort of over damps his voice, makes it too nasal, loses the rasp that he has on a recording. Drawls too much.

Ian Brown is also a shocker live, but then, who cares, its the Roses ffs!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12357
    "Ian Brown is also a shocker live, but then, who cares, its the Roses ffs!"

Agreed.  All hail the Roses.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Roger said:
    there are plenty of so called 'good' singers I can't stand hearing - Adele & Amy Winehouse to name but two.
    Well, I've got great news then! Amy Winehouse is dead!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    this clickbait site is funny
    I think they have misread the scenario
    http://www.worldlifestyle.com/celebs/former-celebrities-now-normal-jobs/7?slides=1