Fender Stratocaster NGD/JPM

What's Hot
blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
Evening folks. 

Sold my Jaguar and have been after a nice stratocaster for a while, luckily managed to get hold of this beauty last week.  Did a mad drive after work!!  

https://imgur.com/gallery/I1ACx

Its a 2013 USA Standard in this gorgeous but bloody hard to photograph Jade Pearl Metalic I believe it's called. These standards also came as hss with custom shop fat 50s and a diamond back humbucker in the bridge. 

The previous owner has this set up with 9s and very low action so it's dead easy to play but I'll have it set up with some tens on soon I reckon. 

Is this a genuinely rare colour ? It's one of the nicest finishes Iv seen. Chuffed with it.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27479

Pics in threads get prizes
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Awe nice one T :)

When I copy it from imgur it only gives me the link?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27479
    blueskunk said:
    There are various ways of doing it, depending on what device/browser/etc you're using.

I'm currently in Safari on a Mac.  From the album link, click on any of the individual images.  Then right click the image and select "copy image address".  Switch back here and paste the image address into the "attach image/file" box on the text editor toolbar.

Jobski, doneski.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • blueskunk said:
    Is this a genuinely rare colour ? It's one of the nicest finishes Iv seen. Chuffed with it.  
    No idea how rare it is - but it’s lovely!
    TTony said:
    blueskunk said:
    There are various ways of doing it, depending on what device/browser/etc you're using.

I'm currently in Safari on a Mac.  From the album link, click on any of the individual images.  Then right click the image and select "copy image address".  Switch back here and paste the image address into the "attach image/file" box on the text editor toolbar.

Jobski, doneski.
    :)
    Must be cos I'm on my iPhone. :-/

blueskunk said:
    No idea how rare it is - but it’s lovely!
    Thanks Richard. I'm no good at taking pics and this colour is hard to capture properly. 

It's got that fit like a glove feeling already. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited November 2017
    Should have kept the jag immy :-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Thought you had retired :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited November 2017
    ...and for another prize, the other 2 pics - very nice btw, & congrats....although HSS...c'mon, that's not a PROPER Strat now, is it!  That means you've got to get out there again and find a second, proper SSS Strat to keep it company...you know it makes sense, Rodney

Image result for you know it makes sense rodney

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Hahaha :) yes had to think about the hss styley and get my head around it. Hot Rodded Rodney !
  • blueskunk said:

Thought you had retired :)

Call me Floyd ;-) 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.