SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Mike Christian Piezo Bridge Gold Schaller Tunomatic, Preamp GraphTech Ghost Precursor Schematic

paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
edited November 2017 in Parts £
SOLD

Mike Christian piezo bridge and Bartolini preamp module recently removed from my Gibson Country Gent

The Mike Christian piezo bridge is a precursor to Graphtech's Ghost line and uses their saddles with added piezo elements fitted in a schaller bridge.

Unlike the current Ghost system this is already summed down to one output rather than their 6 way hex output.

Re Mike Christian from Long Island Guitar Repair

*If the name sounds familiar, you may remember a line of piezo pickups that I produced in the 1980’s. These revolutionary bridge saddle pickups generated uncanny acoustic guitar tones when installed on standard electric guitars and basses. These designs are currently used in Graph Tech’s GHOST line of pickups and are still considered to be the most authentic, natural-sounding electric guitar bridge saddle pickups available.

Not sure how to value this, how about £125 £75 posted inc P&P and assuming PPG which will cover the cost and having it removed and the guitar returned to factory wiring.

Edit: found a schematic and instructions at http://music-electronics-forum.com/t41559/

a PDF of the two page installation instructions which I'm posting here for future reference in case it should be helpful to someone else. The circuit is a dual channel buffer with both piezo and magnetic inputs, the two outputs go to a NM25KA dual blend pot to allow infinite mixing between the two systems.

Includes bridge, preamp module, battery clip and stereo jack. I replaced the bridge with a new Schaller one so I can also include the bridge studs from the new bridge which will work with this bridge. I also include the splitter box shown in the pics, it splits a stereo in to 2 x mono outs (and probably works in reverse too).

Dimensions:

Some photos and more here

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited November 2017
    SOLD
    Bigsby B50 Licensed Trem in chrome, in excellent condition except it's missing one of it's pins.

I was umming and ahhing about either replacing the pin with a bit of cut down allen key or removing the rest of the pins and drilling it to string through. In the end I've decided not to fit it to the guitar in question so it's now surplus.

Includes spring, screws and washers.

Does £25 posted assuming PPG sound reasonable? SOLD

• Bump
  • Schematic added to description bump
  • Big price drop bump