Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Belated Triple Gibson NGD

What's Hot

Et Voila! :)

• 2003 Studio (courtesy of @Dan86)
  • 2003 Platinum (ex- @Gulliver via a circuitous route from a local shop)
  • 1981 Sonex project (via the interweb)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    The silver one looks great. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14243
    tFB Trader
    those Platinum Studio models look cool IMO

let's see the Sonex project when finished
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd love a platinum! Super cool. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Love that platinum one, it's got a bit of Be-Bop Deluxe about it. That goes on the cool wall.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    That Sonex is lovely! That'll be a fun project
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited November 2017
    eSully said:
    That Sonex is lovely! That'll be a fun project

As I mentioned elsewhere, I’ve ended up with 2 bodies and 1 neck, so I’m on the hunt for neck #2.

As usual, the Sonex bodies have a god few mm difference in width of the neck pocket - you could easily fit a chunky credit card in there.

In terms of electrics, I’ve got 2 vintage Schaller humbuckers which will go in nicely. I just need to purchase some correct-spec pots, socket and switch.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Have you ever considered just buying one or two really nice guitars?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    No.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Have you ever considered just buying one or two really nice guitars?
    No.
    Ha :)

No.
    Hmmmm...saying that, this weekend, I’m planning on going through all my guitars and identifying anywhere between 20-40 which are up for the chop.

I’d happily replace those with one or two ‘nice’ guitars (‘60’s Jag, ‘60’s Jazzmaster and a few Norlin-
    era LP Customs...errr, wait...that’s three or four) but that still leaves 100+. 

Badically, there’s just too much interesting stuff in the world...

Actually...on a serious note...I'm intrigued...define 'nice'?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Marlin Sidewinder
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72338
    At least the Sonex came with strap buttons, so it's not totally worthless.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14243
    tFB Trader

earwighoney said:

Marlin Sidewinder
    Image result for sidewinder missile here is a Sidewinder he won't want near his collection
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    edited November 2017
    ICBM said:
    At least the Sonex came with strap buttons, so it's not totally worthless.

Ah, I do like them though...along with Marauders, L6's, S-1's, Corvus, RD Artists, Spirit, Challengers and Invaders, etc...

Marlin Sidewinder

Jeez! Even I have standards! :o

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72338
    HarrySeven said:

Ah, I do like them though...along with Marauders, L6's, S-1's, Corvus, RD Artists, Challengers and Invaders, etc... :)
    I like the Marauder, S-1 and L6-S. I've never played an RD that wasn't ludicrously heavy (and that's not even the bass version!) and the Challenger was just a bit cheap and characterless in any version. The Corvus *could* have been nice as a concept, but the ones I've come across were all very poorly made. I've never seen an Invader unfortunately… it looks like it might have been OK.

If you do finally manage to buy enough bits of Sonex to make a tolerable one out of them all I'll be quite surprised :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    All your guitars are belong to us.
  • ICBM said:
    HarrySeven said:

Ah, I do like them though...along with Marauders, L6's, S-1's, Corvus, RD Artists, Challengers and Invaders, etc... :)
    I like the Marauder, S-1 and L6-S. I've never played an RD that wasn't ludicrously heavy (and that's not even the bass version!) and the Challenger was just a bit cheap and characterless in any version. The Corvus *could* have been nice as a concept, but the ones I've come across were all very poorly made. I've never seen an Invader unfortunately… it looks like it might have been OK.

If you do finally manage to buy enough bits of Sonex to make a tolerable one out of them all I'll be quite surprised :).

Ah, well, you see...I've already got a really nice one (with original case) tucked away somewhere! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    This question appears to be founded upon the damnfool notion that HarrySeven actually plays guitars rather merely assimilating them into The Collective.

Resistance is futile!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom