Recommend me a guitar stand/rack

What's Hot
Need a rack for 6 electrics, narrow as possible, any recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    My usual recommendation in these threads, get some wood and make one, pretty simple and can be made to exactly the size you want it, and happily enough for a lot less than it'd cost to buy one.
  • I would suggest checking out the 'Stand Made' website. Andy @stand_made is a Fretboard member and a good guy to deal with
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    The standmade are really nice , but I think may be a bit wider than some other options
    For narrow though I would possibly say a Stagg one, but you do have to be a bit careful as it's a bit tight putting guitars in and out without scraping the others

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    The Stagg one is tight, can confirm.

I recently sold my Stagg one because I've built my own cabinet rack. I made it very tight, because space is at a premium where I live, and yet I can't stop myself buying more.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2017
    Another option, with much the same footprint, might be 2 off of those Hercules 3-way stands that rotate on a central pole

edit: found their site http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/p/auto-grab-tri-guitar-stand?pp=24

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • thanks for the info chaps, had a look at Stand Made and they look good, my worry is that a few of my guitars are nitro, my have a look at a self build
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Does anyone have pictures of their home-made ones? I may need one soon, I have an NGD planned.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I have a warwick 7 guitar one (actually fits 8) my nitro guitars are fine on it, I've had it about 10 years without any issues
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    aord43 said:
    Does anyone have pictures of their home-made ones? I may need one soon, I have an NGD planned.

A home made one is easy, I'm terrible at making things but I made a functional one out of bits of scrap wood I had laying around the house, it's not pretty as the wood was ugly.

I used foam from pipe lagging for where the guitar rests and then covered it all with a pure cotton bed sheet to protect the nitro. I think all in all it cost me about £15, it fits the space I have exactly and holds 8 guitars in the space where previously I could only fit 2 hangers 

I have plans in PDF for one, I ended up changing the angle so the stand stuck out less, and spaced the guitars out more so less chance on knocking them, but it was a good start. Can send them on to anyone who wants them.
  • adampeter said:
    thanks for the info chaps, had a look at Stand Made and they look good, my worry is that a few of my guitars are nitro, my have a look at a self build
    Stand Made gave me a couple of options for the part where the guitar rests when I bought my acoustic stand. It's probably worth asking what would be best to avoid damaging the nitro finish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    CarpeDiem said:
    adampeter said:
    thanks for the info chaps, had a look at Stand Made and they look good, my worry is that a few of my guitars are nitro, my have a look at a self build
    Stand Made gave me a couple of options for the part where the guitar rests when I bought my acoustic stand. It's probably worth asking what would be best to avoid damaging the nitro finish
    Stand Made claim that there stands are as nitro safe as can be, given the various way nitro is used.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stand_madestand_made Frets: 57
    edited November 2017
    Hi @adampeter ; - just trying to post up a picture might interest you (please bear with me!)

Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
  • stand_madestand_made Frets: 57
    edited November 2017
    Not sure why but I'm struggling to load up some images for you - will keep trying. All the best. Andy
    Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
  • Not sure why but I'm struggling to load up some images for you - will keep trying. All the best. Andy
    Hi Andy, PM me if its easier or i will give you my email

• Dan_QDan_Q Frets: 5
    I have a couple of nitro guitars, and the hercules stands / racks have been fine with them. I don't think they claim to be "nitro friendly" on their paperwork, for obvious reasons! But they have been fine for me, and loads of people have recommended them to me.
    Their small rack is very compact, and although it only comes with 3 slots it can be changed to take 5 electrics comfortably- you just buy a bracket pack to add a guitar slot on- that still isn't the magic 6 you are after! But thought i'd share.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/hercules-gs523b-triple-guitar-stand-gs523b

http://https//www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hercules-Guitar-Rack-Extension-Pack/302501951741?epid=2254377226&hash=item466e8578fd:g:FKAAAOSwFARZyjrf

They do a larger one but I'd imagine its footprint would be huge!