Jim Campilongo - Heaven is Creepy

What's Hot
I am embarrased to say I have only just come across Jim Campilongo. What a player, a Tele through a Princeton is all he needs.

Fast forward to 8m 20s in the vid below for “Heaven is Creepy”.

i just bought and downloaded his 2006 album “Heaven is Creepy” on the back of this and his tone is even better on the record and it has what sounds like a double bass. Very good.

https://youtu.be/p0rZFGzhGMw
Michael Fish is God
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 5514
    edited November 2017
    The guy on drums is well into it!
    Michael Fish is God
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • My favourite album of his! Great tunes and a real nice recording too.
    If you like that then also check out Julian Lage's Arclight, a similar vibe but mellower.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  •  Mr Campilongo is also my answer to almost everything on here so you haven’t been reading enough of my posts. 

He does use the odd pedal although aside from a couple of fuzz tracks it’s usually an overdrive for when he can’t turn the amp up enough. I really like the Little Willies albums ( particularly the first one) which puts his playing in more of a song based context ( like the tone swells on Diesel Smoke). I even just like watching interviews with him - in his noisey New York apartment with hundreds of albums, he’s a cool dude. 
    Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I've got "Orange" it's got some terrific dentist drill telecaster guitar work on it.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 1622
    I actually think that the drummer is from around 1971 and superimposed on the stage...............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    I actually think that the drummer is from around 1971 and superimposed on the stage...............

He's out there man!
    Michael Fish is God
  • DominicDominic Frets: 3534
    He's a great player but I always think of him as a slightly low rent unwashed Richard Gere with an out there jazz vibe and a twangery metallic Telecaster sound borrowed from the brilliant but brittle Roy Buchanan .
     It's the tele sound that a Trussart makes in my head (but not real life )