Polytone Mini Brute ii ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Just FWIW, but I think a lot of jazzers would consider the version @ICBM ; shows actually more desirable - I think that's probably an 80's model, maybe even early 80's with the diamond vinyl - those are considered by some to have the best pure jazz kind of tone, which may well be deserved. I like my 90's version though myself. Perhaps it's worth saying that they do have a bit of a reputation for less than brilliant reliability, but I can also say that mine is still going strong after 20-something years so maybe that's over-stated, or applies more to the earlier versions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just to clarify... The one in the shop has the metal grill, those are stock photos I found online. That's definitely the preamp it's got though. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Just to clarify... The one in the shop has the metal grill, those are stock photos I found online. That's definitely the preamp it's got though. 
    Sounds like the exact same version as mine then! I've sometimes thought a pair of them in stereo would be great for fusion, so let me know if you decide to pass on the sale! ;)
  • Megii said:
    Just to clarify... The one in the shop has the metal grill, those are stock photos I found online. That's definitely the preamp it's got though. 
    Sounds like the exact same version as mine then! I've sometimes thought a pair of them in stereo would be great for fusion, so let me know if you decide to pass on the sale! ;)
    It'll be cheaper for me to buy anyway... So if you're interested in it let me know lol 

I'm still on the fence. Might have another play with it before deciding. He's got a nice Marshall 2x10 combo that I like as well

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Legionreturns said:

He's got a nice Marshall 2x10 combo that I like as well
    An old 'Popular', or a JTM30? I can't think of any other Marshall 2x10"s...

In either case buy the Polytone :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited November 2017
    ICBM said:
    Legionreturns said:

He's got a nice Marshall 2x10 combo that I like as well
    An old 'Popular', or a JTM30? I can't think of any other Marshall 2x10"s...

In either case buy the Polytone .
    The latter... Not good? 

Its eminently possible that I'll not buy anything...I'm just craving a little combo mostly for home use atm 

The latter... Not good?
    Prone to overheating and other faults. Not quite as bad as the JTM60 but not good either. How much is it?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    The latter... Not good?
    Prone to overheating and other faults. Not quite as bad as the JTM60 but not good either. How much is it?
    Think he's got it up at £499 ...but that won't be my price either. Could probably get a hundred off that

Legionreturns said:

Think he's got it up at £499 ...but that won't be my price either. Could probably get a hundred off that
    Way overpriced. £200-£250 would be about right in good condition, even given that the 2x10" is rarer than the 1x12".

• MartinBMartinB Frets: 214
    A local rehearsal studio had one of these for a while.  I don't play jazz guitar, but it does have a nice even, musical clean tone that works well for funk rhythm and things like that.  It would probably be a nice platform if you're into using delays and modulation effects too.  I couldn't get on with the distortion at all, but I guess that's not what people bought these for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    There is one for sale up in your neck of the woods, with an asking price under £300.  Not the same model, but an options or at least an indication of price - https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/polytone-mini-brute-3-amp/1274524146