SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: 1992 SRV Fender Stratocaster

BillyBo69BillyBo69 Frets: 1
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
Very early -  (Has a 90 serial Number - Neck is dated May 1992) Fender Stratocaster SRV Signature

I believe the guitar is all original and includes OHSC and some of the Case Candy.
Currently has a Mint Green Scratch Plate. However, I have the original.

Condition wise, the guitar is anything but a Case Queen. The Body has many Scratches , Paint missing from the Body and Tarnished Gold Hardware. I bought the guitar S/H around 10 years ago and initially thought the previous owner had Reliced it.

However, I actually now believe this isn't the case, and it is purely wear and tear (or carelessness) by the previous owner.

For anyone who has looked into the background of these early SRVs, there is speculation that some of the early ones had Brazilian Rosewood Fretboards instead of Pau Ferro.

I can't say with any authority if this is the case, with this Guitar, although the Fretboad is definitely Dark and has fair bit of wear. This being more consistent Rosewood?

I have had the Frets dressed and reprofiled. Therefore, there aren't as "Jumbo" as they were originally. However, they still lots of life in them.

I'm reluctant to part with this guitar. However, I currently do not have any Telecasters, and I have the itch. Therefore, I have decided to put this and my Hamer Sunburst up, in the hope I can trade one for a Tele.

Only interested in USA Models - something along the lines of a Fender Custom Shop, Nash, LSL or G&L ASAT

Possibly may Sell for £1200

Will not Post, but may Travel to meet up with reason. I'm based in Scotland.

Will Post some Pics when I get a chance.

Cheers            

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments