Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot

Comments

• Why were they ever signed?
    Why?

Because the record industry in the UK doesn't care about our genre.

Rock is dead in this country, The Darkness kick the already dead corpse and run around selling that dead horse STOPPING rock bands from coming up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.ranker.com/list/british-rock-bands-and-artists/reference
    NONE OF THEM ARE FROM THIS CENTURY....

Because record labels here don't sign rock anymore, not since the 1990s.
    Fuck The Darkness, I wish they would quit, stop taking studio time and recording contracts away from me or somebody else.
  • Why can't UK rock be like UK rap?

Not lost to Pop.

I see local Rap Artists getting big, they rap about what rockers SHOULD sing about.

It's a crime that Rock sucks today.
  • I am so sick of local (I mean it, it hurts, they're local) Local Dub Step people my age getting a break, local rap, but when you write a rock song, it's not going to get signed because rock labels are pop labels today.

I'm from Thornton Heath, we're getting people get signed all over now, but not in rock.
    Whenever I try I get turned down.
    Why should I change my art when they can just sign me?
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017

These people are neighbours of mine...

With the lyrics here, it's proof music still exists, but if you're a guitar man like me, you can't expect to get a record deal with lyrics here.

Rock has been ambushed and now no bands swear and that's a crime.
    Bands like The Darkness stealing rock record contracts.
  • LesbianWithAGun - serious question - has a member of The Darkness done something to you or a friend of yours?  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The things that gets me is, people are so quick to bury UK rock.

By defending The Darkness instead of questioning them and boycotting the genre until rock bands who aren't posers get airplay - you're burying UK rock.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited November 2017
    Disappointed to see The Bonj on a few of these lists....they were probably the first guitar music I was exposed to as a yoof. 

I’m pretty sure Cross Road was the first CD I ever asked for for Christmas! And I think they may have been my first concert too. 
    edited November 2017
    LesbianWithAGun - serious question - has a member of The Darkness done something to you or a friend of yours?  
    Are you for real?

They're on TV.
    They had a record deal.
    They were lame as fuck and nobody stopped them before The Darkness got so far and made it into Total Guitar.

2 minutes of hate right here.

• A whole thread on hating the darkness...
    Bon Jovi over Springsteen...hmmm

You didn’t by any chance try out for the Darkness at some point and get turned down for the job? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's offensive to get turned down then see The Darkness come up saying what they say with songs like theirs.

a band in town called Kitty Hudson are more worthy than The Darkness, for example.

Why isn't Kitty Hudson getting the record deal that went to The Darkness?
    Why not me?
    Why not somebody else?

Because the record labels who produce rock suck and now UK Rap is the place to go to escape all that... It's a shame when guitar is put up because of record labels green lighting The Darkness instead of Lesbian With A Gun.
    edited November 2017
    A whole thread on hating the darkness...
    Bon Jovi over Springsteen...hmmm

You didn’t by any chance try out for the Darkness at some point and get turned down for the job?
    I'm from London, they're from Suffolk...
    London rocks, produces people like me, Slash, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Republica...
    Suffolk, they produced The Darkness.

It's like...
    To me, sound matters.
    Lyrics are like children.

To The Darkness.
    They're in the big city and their turnip truck dumped them somewhere not even in Soho. 

I turned down a band called Honky Sausage... I take music too serious, so I wouldn't even gel with The Darkness for me to want to be in that band, because of where I'm from and what I like and respect in my own music history.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's offensive to get turned down then see The Darkness come up saying what they say with songs like theirs.

a band in town called Kitty Hudson are more worthy than The Darkness, for example.

Why not me?
    Why not somebody else?

Because the record labels who produce rock suck and now UK Rap is the place to go to escape all that... It's a shame when guitar is put up because of record labels green lighting The Darkness instead of Lesbian With A Gun.
    OK your band was turned down by the same label who signed The Darkness, is that it?  

Why not me?
    Why not somebody else?

OK your band was turned down by the same label who signed The Darkness, is that it?  
    Probably... I don't even know who signed The Darkness because I was too busy losing faith in rock at the time.
  • Thankfully the bands of old keep me going. lol
  • Can we sticky this thread, its a reet hum dinger.

* I own 2 Darkeness albums and I like them both

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexC said:
    I saw an interview once with Slash in which he stated 'the Top Hat thing was a nod to Marc Bolan.' Now, here's a fact for you - I like T.Rex, but don't like GNR. However, this does not eat into my life, corrode my very soul or cause me to take to the Internet and ramble on. Actually, that bloke out of The Fratellis wore a Top Hat didn't he? What a complete and utter bastard!
    Slash said the Bolan thing in order to sound cool, everyone knows he was influenced by the fat controller.

I don't really understand this Discussion overall but I am impressed with the OP's speed typing skills. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Ahah! So this is an "I'm bitter for being rejected" thread. Glad we got there eventually.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    No matter how bad your day is, there's always this thread to cheer you up - love it!
  • I got interviewed by Towergate insurance once. 

I didn't get the job. 

Those arseholes are the worst insurance brokers ever. They've ruined insurance in the UK now. Other insurance companies are sucky. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom