Eminence Reign Maker speaker

What's Hot
This is something quite interesting - built in attenuater on the back of the speaker. I was talking to a guy the other night who swears by it...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    I tried one… it's an interesting concept certainly, but much more for just taking the edge off a slightly too-loud amp or making the speaker sound like a 'smaller' one, than as a really effective attenuator.

It does reduce the volume, but not that much - and it sounds progressively worse as you turn down… unless you prefer a more middy, compressed tone in which case you might find it an improvement.

The magnet also sticks out a bit further than on most normal ceramic speakers, which could be an issue in some combos.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had one. There was a linear relationship between the reduction in volume and the increase in crap sounds I could get out of it.

nice idea, but a good master volume worked better so I moved it on.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom