Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The CRAP sports discussion....which sports literally bore the arse off you ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Neill said:
    Ice Hockey.

A load of grown men dressed like when your mum used to send you out to play in the snow they skate around pretending to hit something and every so often some of them throw their hands up in the air.  Mind you they do have quite a lot of fights which is quite good. 
    My favorite sport. The skill involved is staggering. As is the likelihood of getting seriously hurt.

Football has become the one for me. I still enjoy playing, but the top tier is now reduced to so few clubs with serious chances of winning. Leicester winning reinforced that. Even supporting the former big guns like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool etc have become nothing more than hoping that the big money teams fuck up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6090
    VimFuego said:
    motor racing would be more fun if they shot the cars drivers when they break down.
    ftfy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    motor racing would be more fun if they shot the cars when they break down.
    Or, if when the cars pull in for a pit stop, another racing team attacks the team doing the refuelling and tyres etc, with gunge, water pistols and baseball bats, Takeshi's Castle style...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    Long distance running. Just because the Beeb has the rights to some mud-spattered event doesn't make it interesting or a televisual feast. It's thin people, running.

Basketball.

NFL - which might be less of a bore if the one hour of playing time took up less than 3½ hours of actual time.

Tennis.
  • All of them
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • It's funny how most British that hate american football doesn't even know what's it all about - another 50% of those people like rugby for some reason. Just my experience.

Another example of total lack of understanding of particular sport:

Kilgore said:
    Basketball.
    Always ends with some score like 117 - 115.
    Just give both teams 100 points to start and cut the game time to 5 minutes.
  • For me: cycling. Love to do it, don't find it very interesting to watch. I did enjoy one or two TdF in Lance's era.

If like and enjoy sports in general and I find it that if you pay enough attention and really are keen to learn about rules etc- you can easily enjoy the game and get into it. Like F1, snooker, fencing or ball games.
     If presumptions and stereotypes kick in then it turns into "22 guys just running after ball, 8 guys just running etc".  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    F1 and rallying, also Isle of Man TT races
    Dressage
    Badminton
    Basketball
    Marathon running
    WWW so called wrestling
    International football

IMHO golf, snooker, darts etc are games rather than sports. Playing those games is where it is at, watching them on TV is a bore

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    I remember when the highlight of Easter telly was Hickstead!

https://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Gesture5.jpeg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1384
    Neill said:
    Ice Hockey.

A load of grown men dressed like when your mum used to send you out to play in the snow they skate around pretending to hit something and every so often some of them throw their hands up in the air.  Mind you they do have quite a lot of fights which is quite good. 
    Ice hockey is great craic to go and watch. It's so fast you get neck ache watching the players race around the rink.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    gymnastics and ice dancing/skating - talented I know but can't stand them one iota 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Rocker said:

WWW so called wrestling

I used to agree with you on this but my kids got into it. I think it's great fun. It's part soap opera and part pantomime with a cast of 'good' guys and 'bad' guys.
    It may be 'fake', but there is a surprising level of skill and athleticism involved.

There are also the 'Diva' matches, scantily dressed, tarty women jumping on each other. Whats not to like?

• which sports literally bore the arse off you ?

None. Obviously.

Goddamn that makes me unreasonably furious.

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Trying to turn anything into a sport which clearly isn't bores the arse off me. Eg - Battle Of The Bands. As if any creative endeavour can be measured by a clapometer, or a panel of judges. See also - literary awards, best 'artist, photographer, milliner' of the year, etc. Feck off with that!
  • Table tennis and speed-walking. Sport for twats.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2017

Table tennis and speed-walking. Sport for twats.

x2

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    For me: cycling. Love to do it, don't find it very interesting to watch. I did enjoy one or two TdF in Lance's era.

watching cycling is boring - but the collision bits when they have mass pile up are really fun to watch.     same when the long distance runners fall over each other.  they're the best bits. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    gymnastics and ice dancing/skating - talented I know but can't stand them one iota 
    if the gymnasts were women i'd watch it. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_S said:
    if the gymnasts were women i'd watch it. 
    That's the only reason for watching wimmins tennis ... fit birds in little white dresses running round a tennis court
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)