Custom Chibson Experience (Internals vid added)

What's Hot

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965

sweepy;189238" said:
    Well it is no secret,  look up Ali Baba or Tradetang, the rest is up to you ;)
    That's not the same place though, you might well be comparing a rover to an aston martin for all we know! I can't (yet) guarantee any quality of the source of mine, Travis', or Kelvin's, but at least we're all talking about one place rather than introducing further unknowns to the pot.
    It will be good to see/hear what the three guitars come out like, being from the same place.  I'm sure I am not the only one tempted by a custom spec'd guitar in the price range we are seeing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27487
    underdog said:
    TTony;189108" said:
    @underdog - you've seen the yellow Edwards in the classifieds?
    it'd need a TV yellow block of wood about the size of a pickup to make me happy :D

Or an appropriately shaped scratchplate ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    TTony;189411" said:
    underdog said:

TTony;189108" said:@underdog - you've seen the yellow Edwards in the classifieds?it'd need a TV yellow block of wood about the size of a pickup to make me happy :D

TTony;189411" said:
    underdog said:

TTony;189108" said:@underdog - you've seen the yellow Edwards in the classifieds?it'd need a TV yellow block of wood about the size of a pickup to make me happy :D

I'd know what was under it, I just couldn't live with it, though I be fine if it was a telecaster, makes no sense.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Link.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I've just specced a Pelham Blue nitro firebird vii with TOM and stoptail instead of lyra. Wilkinson pups and hardware. Custom scratchplate and logo (my avatar). £332.90 to my door. £30 deposit with no further commitment. Full HD photos sent of the completed guitar then, if satisfied, I can pay the balance or they'll change it until I am. If I'm not happy after that they'll refund the deposit. I'm in. Kelvin
    What makes you so sure they are real Wilkinson pickups?  ;)

Just teasing, please don't kick me off to the grumps thread!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27487
    It will be good to see/hear what the three guitars come out like, being from the same place.  I'm sure I am not the only one tempted by a custom spec'd guitar in the price range we are seeing.
    That's certainly what I'm thinking right now.  And running through the spec in my head.  Almost tempted to tell them not to bother with the electronics as that'd all be coming straight out and it'd save me the time taking it out!

I need someone to Photoshop me a proper "Chibson" logo though.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

• I need someone to Photoshop me a proper "Chibson" logo though.
    Ooh good idea. Anyone with Photoshopping skills able to to a Gibson style logos? I thought Gobshite might look good in the correct font.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    @dindude I didn't spec pickups or hardwear manufacturer because as @TTony has said I have budgeted to replace them assuming (possibly unfairly) they'd be rubbish. It was the company that volunteered std stuff as Wilkinson. It may yet be Chilkinson but hey ho. You pays your (relatively small amount of) money etc. Kelvin
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    It's weird, but I really didn't see this thread going in this direction :)

Wonder if they'd do me a DD Ghost...

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    For the Gibson logo - there are two fonts called Canstop and Today, you can download them free. They need a bit of tidying up but will get you 90% of the way there

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618

I need someone to Photoshop me a proper "Chibson" logo though.
    Ooh good idea. Anyone with Photoshopping skills able to to a Gibson style logos? I thought Gobshite might look good in the correct font.
    My €0.02 - use the old Gibson font, and "The Gobshite" would be even better :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • funstuiefunstuie Frets: 77
    edited March 2014
    Anyone good with photoshop and can do me a Gobsheen logo?

This doesn't look right:

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    JookyChap said:
    It's weird, but I really didn't see this thread going in this direction :) 
    Neither did I! :O

FWIW, I didn't spec Wilkinson pickups either - they're just what was stated by the supplier. I almost asked about no electronics/hardware but I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get around to completing the planned mods I have, plus I was partly curious as to how good the stock stuff might be anyway. :)
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Have you been given a timescale Si? I'm thinking along the lines of how many coats of nitro and drying etc to expect. Kelvin
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    edited March 2014
    This is a useful resource

Needs some work but did this v quickly...

edited April 2014
    Have you been given a timescale Si? I'm thinking along the lines of how many coats of nitro and drying etc to expect. Kelvin
    A relatively vague one (2-3 weeks from ordering). Mine is almost at the end of that ETA now though as there was a bit of confusion following a problem with my emails that held up the order confirmation after paying on Feb 14th. I'll drop them a line on Friday if I've not heard anything yet and see what the verdict is. :)
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    Could someone send me a link too please?
    @Jesone - Previous age, 8th post down. :)
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    Have you received yours yet? What  is your opinion on it?
    Er, no. I take it you've not read the thread then? :D

Version 2:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom