Jane Weaver - Modern Kosmology

Haven't seen any mention of this record on here - anyone heard it?

I liked on first listen and thought it was a well produced, lush record but it really has depth and songs that stick as well. 

A fantastic album thats featuring in many end of year lists (whatever that means!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've not heard the new record but I did see her live a few years ago supporting Hawkwind - to be honest, I thought she was 'ok' but not exceptional. It was a pretty stripped back looking band setup though.

I first heard of her when she did this track, re-using an old 80s Hawkwind backing track (with permission). I do like this very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seNGOI7qVqo

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    As ever, I'm late to the party with her work. A friend recommended checking out The Silver Globe and I think it's fantastic (was listening to it last night as it happens). I believe Modern Kosmology has a different sound but I'm looking forward to exploring her other albums.
  • @steamabacus + @Basher ;

I am late to the party myself but was introduced to her music by the singer in my band who went to college with her and has been listening to her music from before she signed to the present day - there is an evident progression in terms of variety of sounds she uses - quite complex in parts, from folk through electronica, psych and krautrock. 

Modern Kosmology is well worth a go....
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    I'll give it a go @Placidcasual79 ; 
    Cheers!
  • Basher said:
    I'll give it a go @Placidcasual79 ; 
    Cheers!
    Let me know mate - always interested to hear your opinion. 

Ever go back to 3 snakes?