How much would you pay for a Guitar with these specs?

What's Hot
Solid  African Rosewood Back and Sides
 High Grade spruce top.
 Waverly gold plated tuners.
 Mahogany neck.
 Ebony fretboard and bridge.
 Bone nut/saddle .
 Real  abalone rosette.herringbone purfling etc
 Possibly LR Baggs or other make pick up installed. 
 000 Body/Grand Auditorium in nearly new condition.
 Sadly without a hard case
Will be back later to see if anyone comes near to the price. =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

The materials are only part of the story. I could make you a guitar with those specs but I doubt you'd want it.

The one you have found could have been mass-produced in a Chinese factory or crafted by a skilled luthier. I suspect it might be the former so - £250 used.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Jimbro66 said:

The one you have found could have been mass-produced in a Chinese factory or crafted by a skilled luthier. I suspect it might be the former so - £250 used.

It wouldn’t have Waverley tuners though.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30935
    If made in UK- 5-600 by an unbranded maker for the guitar, but I can't price the spectacles without  knowing the power of the lenses.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    could be any amount of money..
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Its a bit like asking how much would you pay for a piece of canvas with paint on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    It's extremely similar to this guitar but without gold lettering on headstock
    just mother of pearl.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    A hand made (by a British luthier) guitar can cost between about £1500 and £5000 roughly. Below £1500 you won't get anything professionally made to a high standard. Second hand you would expect to pay half the new price or less unless the maker is well-known.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Lewy said:
    Jimbro66 said:

It wouldn’t have Waverley tuners though.
    I thought they might be Laverley copies but now the OP has said not Chinese so it's anybody's guess. ICBM sums it up.
    Paid less than £200 delivered and it sounds sweet as honey tone wise ,plays really well too..
    When I take the strings off I will be able to see the exact pick up system inside
    it has a small rotary tone control and volume control at the underneath of the soundhole
    at the top and a battery in the neck end wrapped in black velcro.,the end plug looks
    bronze in colour.Could be L R Baggs but the sound through my amp is pretty good.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Clashman said:

the end plug looks
    bronze in colour.Could be L R Baggs but the sound through my amp is pretty good.
    A bronze - or more of a copper colour really - endpin jack is LR Baggs, unless someone has started copying them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Just checked and it is dark copper after a little more detective work it's definitely
    an LR Baggs Element VTC .
    Clashman said:
    Paid less than £200 delivered and it sounds sweet as honey tone wise ,plays really well too..
    And the make/model is?..........
    Freshman but model number brings nothing up it's identical to a 500 series but with different tuners and
    the LR Baggs.It could be a one off custom build I only got it a couple of days ago so just been checking it
    is set up right and is free from any defects.. 

Do I win the prize for closest cost guesstimate and most likely source of origin? - although coy Freshman say 'Asia' not specifically China.

A friend had a Freshman. Very nice for a budget guitar I agree but nothing like the quality of an equivalent luthier-built guitar. Still, good value and decently built as many of the far east instruments are. Enjoy :)

Yes you can have the prize. :)
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    And it’s got genuine Waverley tuners? That’s perplexing on a guitar of that price point. 
    That's what I thought  why put expensive  tuners and pick up system in unless it was
    custom made or limited edition why would you?
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited December 2017
    I need a picture of the back - "Solid  African Rosewood Back and Sides "
    the only r/wood I know to come outa Africa is African Blackwood !! - I v/m doubt it, the other one that sometimes is called African r/w is Bubinga.
    OT - aint that strange - a country the size of Africa and with that climate - 1 genuine r/w species - hmm ponder, rub's chin.
    I see other models have Grover Statite Open-Back - good tuners but not Waverly's.

wtf - how is that guy ih the vid pronouncing - Carpathian (Spruce) ??? - "carputian"  - no there's a 'th' in there - and it doesn't come from china it's eastern European  like the Carpathian Mountains.