Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Darkness - Tour de Prance

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    Tour De Prance...

What kind of silly name is that?

The Darkness are a joke.
    Rob - I think you'll find it's a play on the "Tour De France" cycling event that is pretty well known

And I think that the Darkness guys don't take themselves too seriously either but are serious about putting on an entertaining show .
    They are customers of mine and really decent funny guys.

If you don't like them that is fine ...just avoid the thread if you have no interest.
    Lots of different musical tastes on this forum, and some I won't like but I don't feel the need to be dismissive of them.
    (OK - i may reserve that for a few avant garde players like Derek Bailey, but fair play to those that like him)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • That video of Justin playing a guitar solo while riding a white tiger (with the phallic tail) is amazing!  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.
    Rob - I think you'll find it's a play on the "Tour De France" cycling event that is pretty well known

And I think that the Darkness guys don't take themselves too seriously either but are serious about putting on an entertaining show .

If you don't like them that is fine ...just avoid the thread if you have no interest.
    Lots of different musical tastes on this forum, and some I won't like but I don't feel the need to be dismissive of them.
    (OK - i may reserve that for a few avant garde players like Derek Bailey, but fair play to those that like him)

there is a lovely irony here that the guy that repairs, sets up and mods the "wanna be slash' guy's guitars, is the guy who looks after and maintains the darkness gear and makes the Lions that he's been raving about....yet anyone who has anything to do with them is an idiot and a loser.......thank you Jonathan for being the voice of reason.

You're buying guitar work from the same guy who looks after the Darkness's guitars, therefore you giving Feline money is helping keep the Darkness on the road and recording new material, and they are in turn funding a business you depend on, so at some level you owe them.

Superb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tour De Prance is a genius name for the tour...
    I guess if the whole thing is silliness they're selling. Why not? I don't want to buy silliness.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2376

And the aforementioned NEC gig. Me and a mate were front row. This was just as the coke was starting to bite and it was becoming obvious that they were headlining shows they didn't quite have enough material for. But they still played magnificently. And Ash supported, which was ace.  In the encore, Justin rode over the crowd on a flying white tiger. This is but one way I'm 100% sure that they *definitely* know they're joking...

I suspect this tour will be a little lower-budget, but no less fun. 

As I say... Magnificent. 

http://cdn.chud.com/d/d4/d48346b7_JustinHawkins.jpeg

I went to that same tour, flying tiger solos and the customary roadie through the crowd solo :D 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Tour De Prance is a genius name for the tour...
    I guess if the whole thing is silliness they're selling. Why not? I don't want to buy silliness.

Then why are you still in this thread? You clearly don't like them, yet insist on going on about it. 

Honestly, no one cares what you don't like 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.

Jon, I got that; Tour De France/Tour De Prance. Me and The Darkness... Songs about Southern Railways and claims on the GN'R sound hit home. LOL So... F Star Star K it. If I was to try manage and produce any musicians, they'd have to be serious. I feel/fear that serious remains in Rap/Hip Hop atm, which is cool, love what came out of Thornton Heath with Krept & Konan in that genre... That music sounded serious. So, to prance about with Guns N' Roses is a little bit of an insult to everyone who OD'd along the way, every girl going psycho crying on a self destruct along the way ... IDK. I'm looking to manage and produce artists under a label called F Star Star K Ltd
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.

Jon, I got that; Tour De France/Tour De Prance. Me and The Darkness... Songs about Southern Railways and claims on the GN'R sound hit home. LOL So... F Star Star K it. If I was to try manage and produce any musicians, they'd have to be serious. I feel/fear that serious remains in Rap/Hip Hop atm, which is cool, love what came out of Thornton Heath with Krept & Konan in that genre... That music sounded serious. So, to prance about with Guns N' Roses is a little bit of an insult to everyone who OD'd along the way, every girl going psycho crying on a self destruct along the way ... IDK. I'm looking to manage and produce artists under a label called F Star Star K Ltd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.

Rob - I was big GNR fan - bought "Live Like a suicide" the week it came out via Shades records in London.
    I played Slash's Les Paul the day they did one of their famous dates at The Marquee club when he had it in at my friend's workshop at Andy's guitars in Denmark St. 
    I was too skint to go to that Marquee GNR gig sadly but I saw them at every London date thereafter for years and was at Donnington in '88. 

Like many on here I love Appetite For Destruction and rate it alongside Back in Black, Paranoid, Led Zep 4, Dark Side of the Moon and suchlike as one of the great rock albums of all time.
    But I have also loved bands that were less serious and high on entertainment value ranging from Sweet, Slade and T Rex to Queen, Aerosmith & Kiss, later Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, Tigertailz , Darkness and Steel Panther.
    It doesn't always need to be serious or dangerous..........
    Chill out a bit mate. Play your guitar....more time with hands on the guitar and less on the computer keyboard (something we all could do with).

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10310
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.

Mate,you are seriously deluded.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The Darkness are a joke.
    I dare say Justin Hawkins is having the last laugh over you.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.

Rob - I was big GNR fan - bought "Live Like a suicide" the week it came out via Shades records in London.
    I played Slash's Les Paul the day they did one of their famous dates at The Marquee club when he had it in at my friend's workshop at Andy's guitars in Denmark St. 
    I was too skint to go to that Marquee GNR gig sadly but I saw them at every London date thereafter for years and was at Donnington in '88. 

Like many on here I love Appetite For Destruction and rate it alongside Back in Black, Paranoid, Led Zep 4, Dark Side of the Moon and suchlike as one of the great rock albums of all time.
    But I have also loved bands that were less serious and high on entertainment value ranging from Sweet, Slade and T Rex to Queen, Aerosmith & Kiss, later Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, Tigertailz , Darkness and Steel Panther.
    It doesn't always need to be serious or dangerous..........
    Chill out a bit mate. Play your guitar....more time with hands on the guitar and less on the computer keyboard (something we all could do with).
    I'm just glad there's another Tigertailz fan here, don't think I've ever seen them mentioned before. I love Tigertailz and have mostly been listening to Bezerk and Bezerk 2.0 over the last week  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    PVO_Dave said:

And the aforementioned NEC gig. Me and a mate were front row. This was just as the coke was starting to bite and it was becoming obvious that they were headlining shows they didn't quite have enough material for. But they still played magnificently. And Ash supported, which was ace.  In the encore, Justin rode over the crowd on a flying white tiger. This is but one way I'm 100% sure that they *definitely* know they're joking...

I suspect this tour will be a little lower-budget, but no less fun. 

As I say... Magnificent. 

I went to that same tour, flying tiger solos and the customary roadie through the crowd solo D 
    Well, I can't fault flying white tigers or sparkly amazing jumpsuits; I guess Tour De Prance is alright, as far as tours go.
    I just wish Guns N' Roses were 17 again; or that someone different came along (which is the one I'm hoping for fore at least in that, there lies hope).
    Someone with a guitar who's not on some TV talent show or plugging a guitar into a bass amp (my untrained observation of Royal Blood, but I think there tone is somewhat more complicated than my observation of it), or, like Tommy Cooper with a guitar, i.e. The Darkness.
    edited December 2017
    I not going to lie, I probably would have loved The Darkness had they've hit in 1977...
    But they didn't...
    Scenario of me loving them is 'so out there' it's impossible because no one no where would know what these guys would hae done in 1977; Probably would have got a Jeri Curl like the 1950s; it's hard to tell.
    I leave my comedy out of my music unless, IDK, I write something that makes me laugh, like a joke, and even then I can actually smile about kicking this B''s butt. Right. but it's just a joke in love and war, but if I was ever to write 'a funny' this girl's getting buried in the back garden and it's a joke song, lol. But that's only because I'm sick.
    I don't care if it's original or not, it's what I feel to do, just as The Darkness feel to do what they do, I feel to create what I want to create, but, F' me right, I'm no f'n 'The Darkness', IDK.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I not going to lie, I probably would have loved The Darkness had they've hit in 1977...
    But they didn't...
    Scenario of me loving them is 'so out there' it's impossible because no one no where would know what these guys would hae done in 1977; Probably would have got a Jeri Curl like the 1950s; it's hard to tell.
    I leave my comedy out of my music unless, IDK, I write something that makes me laugh, like a joke, and even then I can actually smile about kicking this B''s butt. Right. but it's just a joke in love and war, but if I was ever to write 'a funny' this girl's getting buried in the back garden and it's a joke song, lol. But that's only because I'm sick.
    I don't care if it's original or not, it's what I feel to do, just as The Darkness feel to do what they do, I feel create what I want to create, but, F' me right, I'm no f'n 'The Darkness', IDK.

Try Tigertailz :)
    edited December 2017
    I not going to lie, I probably would have loved The Darkness had they've hit in 1977...
    But they didn't...
    I don't care if it's original or not, it's what I feel to do, just as The Darkness feel to do what they do, I feel create what I want to create, but, F' me right, I'm no f'n 'The Darkness', IDK.

Try Tigertailz
  • I not going to lie, I probably would have loved The Darkness had they've hit in 1977...
    But they didn't...

Try Tigertailz
    there we go, top tune. I still have that on 7" vinyl. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    edited December 2017
    Awww sheeiiitttt.. 

Just watched that flying tiger.. Its awesome.. but is Justin allowed to play a Les Paul? Bloody hack wannabe copying a well known Les Pauler.. 

@Vibetronic Tigertailz fan here too - Seen, met, have t-shirts

Also, sounds like an amazing holiday - have fun!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    Awww sheeiiitttt.. 

Just watched that flying tiger.. Its awesome.. but is Justin allowed to play a Les Paul? Bloody hack wannabe copying a well known Les Pauler.. 

@Vibetronic Tigertailz fan here too - Seen, met, have t-shirts

Also, sounds like an amazing holiday - have fun!
    ha, amazing. I was too young at the time when they were getting big, and they're not quite the same band now without Pepsi. The new one isn't bad though. Bezerk is one of my favourite albums. (I like Young & Crazy too, but prefer Steevi Jaime' solo one he did a few years ago which is a cracking album).
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I was post-Pepsi too unfortunately, still always a good time when i see them :)