Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited October 2015
    Wazmeister;812061" said:
    Teetonetal said:

Not mine, but Richard Thompson's

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj611/Patrick_Redford/Mobile Uploads/20151006_224317_zps86bbma6r.jpg

Mooer Ana Echo & Pure OcatveMaekko Trem & VibratoOCDDOD FX-17 Volume/WAH /with volume set at min, not zero in the heel)

Mate, where did you photo that ?!? First tour ive missed by RT for ever this year...

Oh, and id like to tell him that some of those pedals are crap, and would affect his tone etc etc !!! :)

Man, then I realise RT could probably get great tone out of an old mangle...
    @wazmeister i took it in Zürich on Tuesday. He played this tiny venue 100 so people. I was about 2ft away. Masterclass. That board ran into 2x drri 65. I tell you, it sounded immense, like a strat should.

Confirming it's all in the fingers and for straight forward tones gear is nearly irrelevant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Wazmeister if I knew for certain that the DD500 could do Reverse mode C from the Empress it would already be on there. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598

Finally get to post my pedalboard pics....

The first one is the one I use in the covers band I play in. It's got a neat custom made switch underneath which allows me to switch the Pitch-fork and MS-50 in or out of the SuperEgo effects loop. It also has a home made patch bay that lets me run some effects through an amp effects loop or all through the front of the amp if it doesn't have an effects loop. To run everything through the front of the amp, I just plug a cable from guitar to GTR In and cable from the "ALT AMP" socket to the amp input.  

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/Ian_Lea/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0143_zps63i9tjev.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/Ian_Lea/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0144_zpswxwiwthu.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/Ian_Lea/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0145_zpskp4u1xeh.jpg

Board number 2 is for more general rock/ blues with a nod to the tones of Eric Johnson/ Gilmour. I've got a Musket which I can substitute for the WTF if I want more of a Muff flavour......I'm really liking this board.....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/Ian_Lea/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0147_zpszpenuxnq.jpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    @meltedbuzzbox...all these moogs make me think i need some moog in my life!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @samzadgan you do!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Those boards look very nicely done @Beexter , impressive. :)
  • samzadgan said:
    @meltedbuzzbox...all these moogs make me think i need some moog in my life!
    for me they are the best at what they do. The down side is that they are massive each one is about the size of 4 boss pedals and they are all 9v+ just to be extra annoying. 

But since owning them I haven't bought any other pedals. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/wayne_irie/80e88677b81ae636bf0d2d40f16b92cc.jpg My modest offering. Sometimes stick a wah and fuzzface before the tuner. Tuner>unknown green muff clone>dope fx electric funeral>space echo>schaller trem clone>univibe clone> North effects repeater>ac15. Enjoying this set up a lot simpler than what I had going on before.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzbox;811938" said:
    not changed for a while but not posted a pic for a while eitherWas a quick one before a session

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/meltedbuzzbox/IMG_20151010_141135_zps79iydm09.jpg
    Such a wicked pedalboard you've got there! And would you look at all that Moog. Wow! Out of this world awesome!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    meltedbuzzbox;811938" said:
    not changed for a while but not posted a pic for a while eitherWas a quick one before a session

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/meltedbuzzbox/IMG_20151010_141135_zps79iydm09.jpg
    Looks expensive :-D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Lew said:
    meltedbuzzbox;811938" said:

Looks expensive :-D

More than a house!
    Band board has been rejigged, Focus of this one is blues rock with a little scope for oddness.

So after a lot of soul searching the flight time gets ditched for the nova repeater. Whilst the sound quality of the repeater is not as good, it scores in two important ways. Easier to adjust and more options - particularly the reverse delay. The ana echo is setup for a sort of snapback sound and is there as a backup.

Chain is in front:
    Wah
    Tuner
    Warbletron (set to vibe)
    DOD 201
    Elec Lady
    Empress Tremolo
    Soul food
    Tone burst

In loop
    Repeater
    Ana Echo

I prefer the soul food on the bridge and the tone burst on the neck. Saying that they stack really nicely together so  lots of options.

Really like this board.

• guitarpologuitarpolo Frets: 120
    edited October 2015
    Two boosts and three other drive pedals is probably too many really, but I'm a sucker for dirt.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^
    That's such a choice board!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Two boosts and three other drive pedals is probably too many really, but I'm a sucker for dirt.

nice board chap I have 3 of those pedals above. Tell me about the Mini Vent.
  • guitarpologuitarpolo Frets: 120
    edited October 2015
    Thanks guys.
    @capo4th The mini vent, as you probably know, is a rotary cab emulator. If you don't need the ability to tweak every last parameter it's a good alternative to its bigger brother.....just a simple fast and slow option on two quickly accessible presets (a/b) - although these can be further adjusted too. It sounds great on all settings to me and can do a really convincing hammond imitation which I love. Definitely worth checking out if you get the chance.
  • @guitarpolo how is the Rockett Blue Note?

I've been tempted to pull the trigger on one as a low gain alternative to my BB preamp. 

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    +1 on the mini vent.
    I love the ramp up and down and the touch of grit you can have
  • @kennedydream1980 I would definitely recommend the Blue Note....I've had 3 or 4 of them! I've tried a fair few other low/mid gainers and haven't found anything I prefer. I liked the Kingsley minstrel and jester as much, but their size and power needs annoyed me. The normal mode is a fairly uncompressed low gain tone, but you can get a fair amount of crunch in "hot" mode. The BB preamp is a great pedal too mind. There are others I still want to try.....Bondi Sick As and the xts overdrives particularly, but I wouldn't be surprised if I tried them and ended up back with the blue note:-)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025

In a bit of a transition at the moment:
    I've sold my pedaltrain and building a flat board to replace it.  
    Lavas are going and I'll move to soldered Hicon/2319.  
    Diamond Comp JR incoming soon along with a EHX nano pog. 
    The flashback is new, but will go when the nemesis is released

It's sounding great though for now!