Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114

Hey @BumFace excuse my ignorance, what is the little marshall in the far corner? 
    Hi it's a class 5.  Quite a nice little amp when cranked, but it's no JTM45. They should do a version with a 12 inch speaker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    This board has taken a while to plan and work out the best options I could squeeze on. The Hudson Octazer was the final piece and just gives nice little options with some fuzz and dirt either side to either give a nice subtle effect or allow the octave up to really stand out.
    1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    nickb_boy said:
    This board has taken a while to plan and work out the best options I could squeeze on. The Hudson Octazer was the final piece and just gives nice little options with some fuzz and dirt either side to either give a nice subtle effect or allow the octave up to really stand out.
    What do you think of the Classic Audio Expression pedal?
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689

What do you think of the Classic Audio Expression pedal?
    I like it. Takes a little bit of getting used to when standing up and getting the full use of the sweep. But it takes up very little space, feels solid and does what I need in an exp pedal. Not sure how I'd get on if it was the volume version where I'd prefer easier control over the full sweep with a single foot movement.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    edited June 2016
    Replaced the Karma Suture and Mastotron with the Evil Twin. Less knob twiddling and more raucous flith/insanity. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    nickb_boy;1105729" said:
    That is a lovely looking board, nice one

Had a rejig since purchasing my new muffroom cloud! All bases cover now I think
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I need a bigger pedalboard.
  • kuryakin85kuryakin85 Frets: 8
    edited June 2016
    So finally got my setup sorted, just a tuner pedal away from being complete! 

Signal chain is;

ABY > Bass Eq > Octave Multiplexer > Marshall JCM900
            > Eqd Arpanoid > BYOC Rams Head Big Muff > Ts808 > Mooer Lofi > Bad Stone > Small Clone > Trelicopter > DL4 > Vox AC15  

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    added a fuzz and dropped my wah off the board. I do ask myself a bit of what do I actually use vs. want on my board. Could probably to without the PDF-1... but for now it's survived the cull. It's a homemade board so I could make another one... but that's a recipe for spending for cash! Needs a tidy up, but you get the idea.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willrejoneswillrejones Frets: 35
    edited June 2016

Finally got it wired together; covers all my bases. There's actually a Keeley 2 knob comp hidden under the top tier somewhere... On a tip from Joe at GigRig I discovered I can use my patch bay to act as a guest loop into the G2 if I want to try out other pedals. 

A thanks to Mal Chapman at GR Cases for the flight case, such a pleasant person to deal with.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblack;1108906" said:
    added a fuzz and dropped my wah off the board. I do ask myself a bit of what do I actually use vs. want on my board. Could probably to without the PDF-1... but for now it's survived the cull. It's a homemade board so I could make another one... but that's a recipe for spending for cash! Needs a tidy up, but you get the idea.
    Everyone should have a Flint. I think in future years it will be regarded as one of the greats.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
    edited June 2016

Fingerprint fuzz out and homemade fuzz in, TU2 out and Korg Pitchblack in. Need to tidy up the cables now...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You can see my Boss BCB board here:

I've now replaced the TC Flashback with this "always on" pedal which sounds amazing:

Are the power supplies on the Boss BCB boards decent? I've used mine for ages now with no problems. 

Part of me thinks I should upgrade to a pedaltrain or something... where I can have a separate power supply... and have more pedals. 

I'm a fan of LESS pedals but find I want a compressor and might want to get the Flashback back on. 

MUST HAVES: 
    Boost. 
    Tuner. 
    Distortion.
    Wah. 
    Chorus.
    EP Boost!!

Potentials:
    Delay (my Flashback)
    SP Compressor
    Some sort of pitch shift

Any recommendations for a pedal board and power supply? 

Regarding supplies, do you guys take a (cheap??) spare to gigs? Details? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    SP Compressor is great. In terms of power supplies you can't really go wrong with the Harley Benton Powerplant Jnr from Thomann. Very cheap but exceptional value for money. Don't bother with the standard Powerplant as it's not isolated while the Jnr is.

I take an old Johnson modelling amp as a spare but it's too heavy so I'm just programming some Zoom G3 patches and will go direct if I ever need it.
    Thanks for the feedback / info :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802

I've now replaced the TC Flashback with this "always on" pedal which sounds amazing:

Are the power supplies on the Boss BCB boards decent? I've used mine for ages now with no problems. 

Part of me thinks I should upgrade to a pedaltrain or something... where I can have a separate power supply... and have more pedals. 

I'm a fan of LESS pedals but find I want a compressor and might want to get the Flashback back on. 

MUST HAVES: 
    Boost. 
    Tuner. 
    Distortion.
    Wah. 
    Chorus.
    EP Boost!!

Potentials:
    Delay (my Flashback)
    SP Compressor
    Some sort of pitch shift

I have used a BCB 60 in the past and I have to say I much prefer the pedaltrain style. My new Warwick Rockboard (PT2 sized) with HC is excellent value for money. I run it from a Carl Martin Pro power, which is excellent.

However I still use that BCB PSU has a back up and carry a spare bosst and delay with a daisy chain. Never had to use it, but it's there, always packed in my bag..
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    mini wah > rehoused rotosound > tuner > sp comp > TS > gunshot > ep boost > el cap > deco > pedal mods uk GE-7 > verb.

my best board yet!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20;1113666" said:

MUST HAVES: Boost. Tuner. Distortion.Wah. Chorus.EP Boost!!

Potentials:Delay (my Flashback)SP CompressorSome sort of pitch shift

I'll second @vasselmeyer
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    mini wah > rehoused rotosound > tuner > sp comp > TS > gunshot > ep boost > el cap > deco > pedal mods uk GE-7 > verb.

my best board yet!
    Why have you taped over the tap tempo LED on the el cap?