MIM strat upgrades

What's Hot
ChaosJunky135ChaosJunky135 Frets: 11
edited December 2017 in Making & Modding
 A few years ago i walked into my local music store to buy strings and walked out with this beautiful guitar. Plays much nicer than a lot of american strats i have played. so i finally decided to give her some love and give he an upgrade. Here is a list of things i have done to her over the past few weeks.
  • Pickups : all Dimarzio.
  • Super distortion in the bridge
  • Area 58 in the middle Out of phase when coil tapped
  • Air Norton in the neck 
  • Push Push Coil tap 
  • Wilkinson bridge (locked down) 
  • Sperzel Locking tuners
And this is her now. In my opinion one of the best looking and playing strats i have ever played!!! And still works out cheaper than a USA standard as i got her second hand, Still considering having a real nice flame maple neck built for her but i love the feel of this one too much for now 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151507629@N04/25139370698/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151507629@N04/25139379168/in/dateposted-public/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2017
    I got an early Mexican in a trade but I loved the body weight and neck but not the pickups. My upgrades (over time) included:
    • Kinman noiseless pickups and new wiring
    • New fixed bridge and saddles
    • Roland GK internal pickup fitted

There was a guy on the old Guitarist forum did a Trigger's broom. He had an excellent blog on the various upgrades from a new neck to pickups, wiring, bridge, tuners, knobs scratchplate  and in the end he got a new body. There was nothing left of the original guitar .. can't remember his name ...

@ChasJunky135 .. your guitar looks cool. Some nice components in the upgrade. How does it sound?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    I got an early Mexican in a trade but I loved the body weight and neck but not the pickups. My upgrades (over time) included:
    • Kinman noiseless pickups and new wiring
    • New fixed bridge and saddles
    • Roland GK internal pickup fitted

There was a guy on the old Guitarist forum did a Trigger's broom. He had an excellent blog on the various upgrades from a new neck to pickups, wiring, bridge, tuners, knobs scratchplate  and in the end he got a new body. There was nothing left of the original guitar .. can't remember his name ...

@ChasJunky135 .. your guitar looks cool. Some nice components in the upgrade. How does it sound?

I love these pickups, the coil split options sound better than the original single coils. They give me everything from screaming metal to crystal cleans at the push of a switch. I love everything about this guitar now and haven't picked up any of my others worth more than 3x the price since i have done these mods 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom