Gary Moore ''Separate Ways'' live

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

Man... One of the things I find most impressive about him was his control over the sound and the vol/tone knobs.. Just masterful...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    A smattering of the “Love Theme” from Spartacus too, I do miss the messy old daft sod
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The guitar world is a far lesser place without Gary Moore.
    Whenever I saw him live there was that moment where his playing would give me chills. Few manage that and I was always surprised.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
    tFB Trader

and check this out with BB King - only recently found this - great tension between them both as they trade licks - best version I've heard of 'The Thrill is gine'

Great clip to watch of Separate ways as well - thanks
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Wow! Love that BB and Gary clip, I'm tempted to say best Gary blues playing I've seen.

Massive influence on me and my first ever (and loudest ever!) gig - de Montfort Halls 1986 (guess) Run for Cover tour.

But good grief he could over play, both in terms of notes and gain - and to my mind often the aggression overtook him too much.

But here there's real joy and touch in his playing, like his respect for BB and genuine pleasure at being on stage with one of his idols overtook the other instincts.

Just breathtaking.

And a consumate lesson from BB I think too, still can't get that vibrato
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Thanks for the clips - 'Separate Ways' is great, and I'll watch the other one later as I'm at work.  This is the sort of thing that demonstrates sheer musicality.  There is a huge amount of technically amazing playing on YouTube now, and this stands out as being something special.  When somebody here posted an ad for their Maybach Lester, there was a clip on there of a really good guitarist (sadly no longer with us), and again even though he was just doing a quick dem, he seemed to have great feel.  Very inspiring!
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    The guitar world is a far lesser place without Gary Moore.
    Whenever I saw him live there was that moment where his playing would give me chills. Few manage that and I was always surprised.

Yes he does do that.. But why hes so brilliant (I think) is that he does it all.. The soft gentle stuff and the balls out stuff, the fast runs and the total passion... Its such a rare talent. Id say Jeff Beck is up there with his total control of the instrument and while he has his outbursts, Gary was just rude with it... Right in your face and unapologetically so..             
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 371

Absolute king of the gurners! My idol, Not so much on the blues albums but corridors - after the war.

God I miss him,

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom