Strymon v2 Footswitches

KylefKylef Frets: 1042
Received a Strymon Dig from the US after I purchased one for a good price on Reverb.com

However, the seller packed it with inadequate protection (albeit double boxed) so both the footswitches have broken off.

Are these soft switches easy to get a hold of? Anyone recommend somewhere to send it? I've emailed the UK advised tech, but wondered if ther were other options?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I know of someone who managed to get some from Strymon themselves.

Have you been in contact with the seller / Reverb? 
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    I know of someone who managed to get some from Strymon themselves.

Have you been in contact with the seller / Reverb? 
    Yeah. Sellers digging their heels in, even coming out with it must have been the people at customs that broke them off  :/
    I’ve escalated to Reverb. Just annoying as I’ve paid a customs charge on it, by the time I pay for sending it back I’d be cheaper getting it fixed. 
  • Ah ok, yeah I can see it's been escalated. Let me know how it pans out.

But yeah you can defo get replacement switches from Strymon if that's what it comes to. Can't remember how much they are but I don't think it's tonnes.
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
  • Contact Chris's goodie at MusicPsych in London. He'll sort you out with switches I'm sure 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238
    Contact Chris's goodie at MusicPsych in London. He'll sort you out with switches I'm sure 
    Definitely talk to Chris, I bought a secondhand early Mobius a couple of years ago and was unable to update the firmware beyond a certain point. 

Chris arranged a warranty replacement of the main board, and fitted 3 new switches when the unit was with them. All for one way postage cost. I'll point out again, I was not the original owner!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    I've emailed Chris, however I've also ordered the footswitches from Strymon. I've opened the Dig and removed one of the switches already, seems to be an easy job.

Very frustrated with the Reverb deal. Seller has washed his hands of it, refused refund, refused even a partial refund even though this whole thing has been his fault for a severe lack of packaging.