Where to get a Blue Yeti mic repaired?

My son's Blue Yeti mike is borked - the mini USB B connector has come loose and looks like it need replacing (googling tells me it is a particular pin arrangement and soldered direct to the PCB - I'm not going to attempt this!)

a little while back I emailed a company that looked like they do these kinds of things but not had a reply - any suggestions?
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Is it the centre of the socket that's loose or the whole socket ? If the centre is loose then whole socket will need replacing and yeah you gotta match it exactly as there's normally 4 securing lugs that fit holes on the PCB and these as well as the data pins and volts need to line up perfectly. There are a lot of different types available though so normally just need to browse through Ebay
    If the whole socket is loose then soldering it back on the board is the easiest option. I normally use a Weller hot air gun for 80% of the job and then .5mm long conical tip to solder the data pins
    Worse case scenerio is socket has come loose and pulled tracks up from PCB, in which case it's still not impossible to do in most cases but it does make the job a lot harder. 

I'm having a hernia op on the 5th of jan then I'm out of the game for a month, then on holiday for 2 weeks otherwise I would have done it for you. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • You could try the guy at Guitar Aid. Can you open it up and take a pic?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Danny1969 said:
    Is it the centre of the socket that's loose or the whole socket ? If the centre is loose then whole socket will need replacing and yeah you gotta match it exactly as there's normally 4 securing lugs that fit holes on the PCB and these as well as the data pins and volts need to line up perfectly. There are a lot of different types available though so normally just need to browse through Ebay
    If the whole socket is loose then soldering it back on the board is the easiest option. I normally use a Weller hot air gun for 80% of the job and then .5mm long conical tip to solder the data pins
    Worse case scenerio is socket has come loose and pulled tracks up from PCB, in which case it's still not impossible to do in most cases but it does make the job a lot harder. 

I'm having a hernia op on the 5th of jan then I'm out of the game for a month, then on holiday for 2 weeks otherwise I would have done it for you. 

@Danny1969 I might just wait and get you to do it tbh - at least I know you know what you're doing! 
    Red ones are better.