Hologram Electronics infinite Jets

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
Seen a couple on boards here? Any good or just too out there?

Anyone made any music using one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Can’t believe they didn’t make it midi compatible. I’d probably have had one by now if they did. Can’t help but think it might just be a flashy superego. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    Ah yeah, the Infinite Jets. I should probably be able to say something useful about this thing, but truth be told, I'm still figuring it out (and same goes for it's half-brother the Dream Sequence - which has MIDI in and out by the by ;)).

In general, it's really pretty. It's inspiring. I don't really understand it - and part of me doesn't really want to either. There's other pedals that are far more utilitarian in their nature that need to do a specific thing and need to do that well. The Hologram pedals aren't that, to me - I'm sure far more talented and dedicated folks than me will disagree on this.

The way I use them, and the reason they've got a permanent spot on my board, is that they surprise me. It's like a Willy Wonka factory of sound - you put something in and something different will come out. Sometimes this is completely useless, sometimes it's weird (mostly it is weird), but every now and then it is delightfully wonderful and you end up picking/strumming the same note/chords for an hour just for the sheer therapeutic effect.

Personally, I enjoy the atmospheric effects that Swell, Synth, and Blur give - I have to admit that I'm still getting my head around how to use Glitch. I think the most commonly heard complaint of the "internet-consensus" out there is that once you've got one, it may get overused and everything you play may start to sound the same. My counter argument to this, is that this is probably true for most effects, although I can appreciate the Infinite Jets has a slightly more distinctive tonal signature than, say, a Tube Screamer. Through the different input modes though, being able to dial in Drive, and have a dedicated Dry knob to mix in your signal, you end up with a lot of control to discover new sounds and "season to taste", if you will.

So yeah. I'm afraid that my rambling may not be super useful to you, @Teetonetal, but that's all I got for now! As you've probably already discovered yourself, there's a boatload of review videos out there with good samples and coverage of what it can do - imho Knobs' review is probably the most comprehensive. 

Gracefully bowing to people that have spent more deliberate time with it and have a slightly more conclusive viewpoint. :kissing_blush: 

N.B: Did I mention it is really pretty? :love: 

• I really got excited by the teases for it, but without midi it doesn’t do anything of note that I can’t do already sadly 
  • Thanks @JEPBLEP that's really helpful.