Looking for a bass effect

WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
edited December 2017 in FX
I need to create realistic bass tracks but really don't want to waste space and money with a bass guitar. I have a DR-880 that creates excellent sounding bass lines but it's a time consuming faff.

I have been attracted to an EH Pitch Fork but was wondering what else there is to create realistic bass sounds? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovebuzzlovebuzz Frets: 104
    i find that octave and pitchshifting pedals sound artificial and unsatisfactory for the purpose of imitating a bass guitar.

how about getting a really cheap bass, instead?
    Under the bridge downtown
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    I borrowed a Squier P for a gig. They work. Get one used, set it up, sorted. 

To answer the question a POG or a Slammi will do you want want. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited December 2017
    You could use a controller keyboard to play bass samples but ultimately you should buy a bass. Its really fun, most fun you can have with a drummer and makes you a better guitarist in terms of time keeping. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Agreed. You can buy a tolerable P-Bass copy for about £75 second hand, which is cheaper than a pedal which will do it at all (but still not very) convincingly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein