What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Thanks you Sir  :)
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Just bought an SDRUM pedal. I record the beat I want, then play the SDRUM and my rhythm idea into my looper. Bliss! And my beats are MY beats and my rhythm playing of chords and fragments is EXACTLY what I had in my head! 

Far far better than the Trio+.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    Chalky said:
    Just bought an SDRUM pedal. I record the beat I want, then play the SDRUM and my rhythm idea into my looper. Bliss! And my beats are MY beats and my rhythm playing of chords and fragments is EXACTLY what I had in my head! 

Well it’s not totally better as you then need a separate looper and a way of syncing them. Plus an octave pedal to create the bass lines. Adding the SDRUM feature to the trio+ would be great though.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Chalky said:

Well it’s not totally better as you then need a separate looper and a way of syncing them. Plus an octave pedal to create the bass lines. Adding the SDRUM feature to the trio+ would be great though.
    Sync? No need to sync if your timing is reliable enough to hit the loop pedal at the right time. And I don't miss the unpredictable bass on the Trio+.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    Ah your recording the SDRUM with the looper?!? So your not running them separately. I suppose that solves the loop sync issue, but you can’t use any of the the fills and song structure functionality. You could always turn down the bass volume on the TRIO+ if you don’t like the style.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    Ah your recording the SDRUM with the looper?!? So your not running them separately. I suppose that solves the loop sync issue, but you can’t use any of the the fills and song structure functionality. You could always turn down the bass volume on the TRIO+ if you don’t like the style.
    True, but for capturing ideas, who needs fills and song structure?
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mrkb said:
    Or press the “simple bass” led button between the ‘bass’ and ‘drums’ knobs. This cycles through 3 levels of bass simplicity/complexity. The led lights up green, then red, then off as it returns to default.
  • Indeed. The simplest bass setting is very, very simple. Useful as a metronome even!
  • Mine has just arrived. I found this interesting post on the Blackstar forums about wiring up via the effects loop.
    https://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6042
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Mine has just arrived. I found this interesting post on the Blackstar forums about wiring up via the effects loop.
    My amp has an aux in. I just feed the Trio + mixer output, which has just the drum and bass, to that,and the normal output to the normal amp input. 
  • aord43 said:
    Mine has just arrived. I found this interesting post on the Blackstar forums about wiring up via the effects loop.
    My amp has an aux in. I just feed the Trio + mixer output, which has just the drum and bass, to that,and the normal output to the normal amp input. 
    That works does it? Not tried it but I have an aux in on my amp so i will try that. Cheers
  • Ahhh that's clever. great idea

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Can someone explain what is happening in that diagram?  I don't understand the use of the effects loop on the Trio and the effects loop on the Amp.I thought the effects loop "out" on the Trio is supposed to go to your effects, so how come it goes to the Amp input?
  • aord43 said:
    Can someone explain what is happening in that diagram?  I don't understand the use of the effects loop on the Trio and the effects loop on the Amp.I thought the effects loop "out" on the Trio is supposed to go to your effects, so how come it goes to the Amp input?
    Well it is explained possibly as well as it could be by the creator of that image where I posted a link to previously.
  • beerbeer Frets: 24
    Recorded this https://youtu.be/GyIVOGzM5tw with my trio plus. Effects in the fx loop of the trio. Works really well. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just the guitar signal going through the preamp, the drums and bass go straight to the power section
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Well -and sorry for bringing old threads back to life but hey, why not - Trio / looper = out : Trio plus = in. At last, syncing loops now a thing of the past! What a ball ache that was. Extra styles are cool too. I fell in love with Trio from day 1, this just takes it so much closer to what I wanted the original to be. Looking forward to using the sequence function.......
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    blobb said:
    Well -and sorry for bringing old threads back to life but hey, why not - Trio / looper = out : Trio plus = in. At last, syncing loops now a thing of the past! What a ball ache that was. Extra styles are cool too. I fell in love with Trio from day 1, this just takes it so much closer to what I wanted the original to be. Looking forward to using the sequence function.......
    Can you elaborate for the slow headed.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    there's a full stop missing from that sentence. Trio doesn't have a clock sync, my looper would always run away over time no matter how precise my attempts to quantise the two. Trio + has it's own looper so it always stays locked to the drummer. I was just saying that the days of futile tap tempo'ing the looper, or spending hours setting up precise time sigs are over for me. Trio / looper out i.e in the bin. Trio + in, I've upgraded. I was feeling the buzz, so why not dig up an old thread to share the love.

Happy Trio'ing folks.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'