SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: red tortoiseshell jazzmaster pick guard

What's Hot
TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
edited March 2014 in Guitars £
Annoyingly just lost out on one on the bay by £1(!)

It's for a jap jazzmaster if that makes any difference.

Thanking y'all muchly

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    dont do it!!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    Um ok, (just for reference I'm still gonna do it) :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

anybody out there with the means to make my day? If not does anyone know of anywhere to persue a new one? All the ones I seem to find are for American 62 RI's which aparently will not fit a jap model (mine dates to 2004/6)

thanks all.

someone please put me out of my lack of red tortoiseshell misery! :)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited March 2014
    Allparts do one to fit the MI/CIJ Jazzmasters HERE :)

if you look on ebay there is a dutch company that do all sorts of pickguards

or for £30/£40 someone can cut one for you in the uk. Several places offer this service. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

thank you Jookysan, :)

@meltedbuzzbox yeo seen the company in question but IIRC they would not confirm they would fit a jap model as are all listed for usa RI's.

have you looked at WD Music as well?

offsetguitar is the best place to ask. I would almost guarantee someone would have what you want on there. 

Out of interest what colour is your Jazzy?
    edited March 2014

i have not, thank you will check it out & also check the Offsetguitar forum, thanking you muchly :)

Mine's a red un. actually the third i've owned over the years. In the process of changing a few things to make it more usuable for me (new bridge, better pickups etc. Always liked the look of red Jazzmasters with red tort guards (although aparently not everyone agrees with that :)

I am quite anti tort. I like it on black or oly white though. 
    I am sure you might not like some of the colour combos my guitars have ;-)

Shortscale is another place to check.

If I see anything on my travels I will let you know.  
    Thank you for your help my man, most kind :)