SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted Strat neck or middle pickup Now Sorted

sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
edited January 2018 in Parts £
Right, much as I love my CS Strat I detest the RWRP middle pickup so I’m after a staggered polepiece Standard polarity and Standard wind quality Strat pickup, BK etc etc 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    Bumpily Pump, surely there are some nice Strat pickups in a drawer somewhere ;)

Bumpity Bump, after a NON RWRP Strat middle pickup or a Neck pickup, let’s see what’s about
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 314
    I have a couple of staggered Duncans in a drawer somewhere that I replaced with two Kinmans in 1991 and instantly regretted it as soon as I plugged it in! But never put them back in. Funny, they were in a guitar with a JB humbucker which I subsequently purchased another of new some years later and it didn't sound anything like as good, don't know if they were doing anything different when making pickups in this era. Anyway would let a single coil go for little cash if of interest.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14533
    edited January 2018
    sweepy said:
    standard polarity and standard wind
    What production period is your Fender C.S. Stratocaster emulating?

Somewhere around 1957/58, Leo changed the magnetic polarity on Stratocaster pickups from North Up to South Up. Seymour Duncan reproduces this change in his Antiquity and Antiquity II replacement pickups. (Ants up N up. Ant 2s are S up.)

EDIT: Would it not be far cheaper to simply have the magnets of your stock middle pickup recharged with the desired polarity? (Obviously, the pickup has to be temporarily removed from the guitar to achieve this.)

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    It’s ok, all sorted now, thanks to @HoraceB ;