What size and where to get a hex nut for a Jazzmaster pickup toggle switch?

What's Hot
Anyone know what size these are and where to get a hexagonal nut for a Jazzmaster pickup toggle switch? Is this the sort of thing you'd find in B&Q?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It’s 13mm, I can tell you that much (just checked mine.) I’d have thought B&Q was a pretty safe bet, yeah 
  • Ignore that, you said pickup not jack input. It seems to be a 15mm. Don’t have a 15 spanner to check, but the 14mm doesn’t quite fit. 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    Nuts are measured by thread size, not spanner size.
    Switches are likely to use a fine thread, and very thin nuts. Given B&Q don't stock either fine threads, or thing nuts, I'd very much doubt they'd have something that would fit.

Easiest option is normally to pinch a nut of another switch, as it's quite often cheaper than trying to source just a suitable nut.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    I've done a search for "Jazzmaster toggle switch" and can get replacement switches for a hefty price, but all I need is the nut.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I’ll send you one, I have loads.

USA or Japanese Jazzmaster? The switch threads are different.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    @ICBM - that's very kind of you. USA model. Can I PM you?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Philtre said:
    @ICBM - that's very kind of you. USA model. Can I PM you?
    Of course :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein