Digital pedals that have gained in value / become collectible

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
I can only think of the Digitech pile of junk that is the Space-station.. any others?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Digitech Bass Synth Wah is out of production but used prices have been slowly rising. I don’t know if it’s at par with the previous new price yet.

Part of that is fretmeister keeps buying the available ones, think he has 3 of them IIRC
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Amazingly, the Miku. Though more as a novelty collectable I imagine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Boss FZ5.... I joke...

What about early Boss made in Japan digital delays... DD2, DD5?
  • I can only think of the Digitech pile of junk that is the Space-station.. any others?
    Oi, I've just got one of those
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I can only think of the Digitech pile of junk that is the Space-station.. any others?
    I had one in the 90's I bought in Denmark street 2nd hand for £20. I thought it was junk, had a horrible buffer, sounded tiny and I put it in a cupboard. Fast forward to early 2000's when I decided to stop playing and sold all my gear. Damn thing sold for £350. Only after did I find out they were collectible. 

Honestly, I though it was junk... but I wasn't into weird fx then, might have a different opinion now.
  • Some of the Digitech Double pedals have risen in price, particularly the digital delay one.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I had one in the 90's I bought in Denmark street 2nd hand for £20. I thought it was junk, had a horrible buffer, sounded tiny and I put it in a cupboard. Fast forward to early 2000's when I decided to stop playing and sold all my gear. Damn thing sold for £350. Only after did I find out they were collectible. 

Honestly, I though it was junk... but I wasn't into weird fx then, might have a different opinion now.
    I agree that bypass is terrible and it tone-sucks like mad... but stick it in a loop and its epic. They are built out of hope and prayer rather than girders though.  I wouldn't call it junk - its a fab box of fun that doesn't sound like anything else but agree there are limitations/flaws to the design.

My suggestion:

Boss DSD2/DSD3
    Whilst you can still find skankers for sub £100, the prices are on the rise for these. I've owned one from new and the box has a price label of £129 - I paid a bit less for it because it had been sat in the shop a while... nobody "got" the sample function. As a digital delay is brilliant - easily up there with the great digital delays (despite some BS to the contrary, yes digital delay can sound epic) - but the sample and trigger function is where it gets interesting. I've used mine with a cheap drum machine triggering a chord as a rhythmic portion of a song, and its brilliant. I even did so live and it worked.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    DSD-3, interesting, I've got one :)

I don't use it, cos I like the flexibility of my DD-20, but the delay is indeed lovely (hardly surprising cos it's a DD-2 with the long chip), but I've never once tried the sampler side of it, and now I'm embarrassed :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    The original Digitech Whammy...I've seen some eye watering prices!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72324
    Octafish said:

What about early Boss made in Japan digital delays... DD2, DD5?
    Not the DD-5, that's quite a recent one. The DD-2 (and early long-chip DD-3), PS-3, RV-3 and DSD-2 and 3 seem to be quite sought-after by some people though. They're not 'big money', but they have certainly gone up in value a bit.

sgosden said:
    Amazingly, the Miku. Though more as a novelty collectable I imagine.
    I sold my Miku for what I paid for it new (admittedly in a sale) and thought I did well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Akai Deep Impact. Rv-3s are mildly appreciating due to the Radiohead connection. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Digitech Whammy WH-1.
    Cornish TES.
    Boss RV-2.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    The Boss/Fender pedals are all increasing in value. The Boss Fender Reverb pedal esp is on the rise. I don't know if this is a permanant state or a temp reaction to their discontinuation. I recently got the Bassman pedal, it sounds good and much improves the core, bland ss tone of the JC22.
    JezWynd said:
    The Boss/Fender pedals are all increasing in value. The Boss Fender Reverb pedal esp is on the rise. I don't know if this is a permanant state or a temp reaction to their discontinuation. I recently got the Bassman pedal, it sounds good and much improves the core, bland ss tone of the JC22.
    I had noticed that too. I just got the Deluxe Reverb one - I've had one before, and although it does have some pretty annoying limitations it does basically sound good, and improves my old valve bedroom amp which otherwise has no reverb or overdrive at sensible volume. I sold my FRV-1 a while back and probably shouldn't have done.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Boss Fender pedal range are all increasing in value .. there's a YouTube video on the Boss Fender FRV-1 which is being offered for between $200 and $400 on Reverb.com and eBay. I have all three pedals and they are pretty good - now becoming collectable.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    Boss Fender pedal range are all increasing in value .. there's a YouTube video on the Boss Fender FRV-1 which is being offered for between $200 and $400 on Reverb.com and eBay.
    Bugger! I sold mine for £75.

Maybe they'll start making them again if they realise there's a market - it can't have been out of production for long.

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I bought two new Brian May Red Special pedals from soho soundhouse years ago for £60 each.  Both still mint, sold one for £250 last year. Still have one left. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

I'm often puzzled by the fluctuation in pedal values - I had a Bass Whammy which sold on ebay for £315 (still no idea why two people wanted one that much) and the next time I looked one sold for £75.

Sometimes you can find a bargain if you're prepared to wait for someone desperate to sell after the bubble has burst - IIRC someone was trying to sell a "long-chip" DD3 on here and no-one was interested.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:
    Boss Fender pedal range are all increasing in value .. there's a YouTube video on the Boss Fender FRV-1 which is being offered for between $200 and $400 on Reverb.com and eBay.
    Bugger! I sold mine for £75.

Maybe they'll start making them again if they realise there's a market - it can't have been out of production for long.
    I thought Fender pulled the plug on licensing so it might be a problem for Boss.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    One series that is not getting the appreciation they deserve are the Digitech Hardwires. The fact they’re digital seems to count against them. Which is daft as they’re very well made and sound sensational. Pedal love is fickle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom