Best vocals pedal?

AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1680
I play in acoustic duo. I do some lead, but mainly backing vocals. I'm looking for a pedal (or pedals) that will give me auto-tune, echo, reverb, tone and multiple harmony options for vocals. The TC Helicon range seems to tick many of these boxes - with the Perform VG and Harmony GXT ticking them all.

What is the practical difference between these two boxes? Reviews are generally very good, but with some stinkers thrown in. Have Fretboarders had good experience with them?

What else should I be considering?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    I believe Electro Harmonix have a vocal pedal, the voice box?
  • I have a TC Voicelive and whilst quite a chunky unit does all the things you want and more - the one I have has a guitar channel too which has nice reverbs and delays and stuff, oh and the auto tune then tunes itself to your playing as well.

I recorded this using auto tune and harmony on it, it may help even if you think... Jesus that's awful I don't want that:

And these two without auto tune(and you can tell!!!) but with reverb and some compression I think

I like the effects
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I bought the TC Helicon Perform VG, and also the 6 way footswitch (which was €1 cheaper than the 3 way switch :/). Anything you can select on the box, you can allocate to a button on the footswitch.

Very pleased so far. Easy to use, easy to program both the box and the footswitch. I use the auto-tune at about half way, which keeps me in tune (more or less) without making me sound robotic. The reverb and echo (on both vocals and guitar) are good, while the harmony is excellent for oohs or ahhs, but you need to be careful not to overdo it when singing words.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

Our band singer has used the Digitech Vocalist Live 4 for about 8 years now and its excellent. She and I also use it in the acoustic duo - I use the TC H1 pedal which is great too, but only for harmonies.

• For my singing, it would be a kill switch pedal