SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Marshall JMP1 preamp & Fender 68 PRRI withdrawn, Mesa sold

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
edited April 2018 in Amps £
I'm based in Birmingham, prices assume local pickup but can arrange postage at cost if you like. I've a trade list in this post so would be keen on that if possible.

Marshall JMP1 valve preamp, rack based, well thought of but I don't like how it sounds as it sounds like a Marshall. Decent condition, has a buzz but it's mechanical as it does not hum through the speaker. On button seems pressed in permanently but I have used with switched extension lead so not noticed an issue. £180 value, now £150 for quick sale

Mesa V Twin valve preamp, pedal based. Again well thought of but I don't like how it sounds as it sounds like a Marshall (same circuit I believe). The front metal cover thing comes off but still heavy as. Includes power supply. £170 value. Sold for £150 delivered (for info postage costs a lot on these!)

May also be tempted to trade away my Fender 68 custom reissue Fender Princeton for something more suitable, it's in perfect condition with footswitch and nice cover. Just too loud for my small room. £600 value.

Also selling a Taylor Big Baby acoustic and an AMT Pangaea IR host thing in the relevant forums if they are of interest.

I'd be keen on the following:
A small amp that has better low volume control and sound, ideally with master volume and a loop or reverb. Would ideally like to be able to do clean or drive at the same volume, but minimum is clean so I can use pedals. Would LOVE one of those 8 watt Supro mini amp things, or a Fender Princeton Recording amp. Or anything of a similar nature really.

Would also consider a Roland JC22

Or a preamp type thing capable of Fender or Supro or Vox sounds.

Keeley 30MS double tracker, Strymon Deco, or TC Mimiq.

Or something else interesting. Will put photos in first reply.

Thank you all
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments