We are 10,000

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
Yup, member #10,000 has just joined us.

(That's 10,000 *after* I've deleted all the spammer signups, but it does include banned accounts that we keep in a special hidden place, to make it a little easier to spot attempted re-joins.  So, technically, we're just under the 10k, but that's the measure that I've been watching and waiting to achieve!).

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Great milestone! Congratulations @TTony - and I suppose the rest of us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one, but I don't know 10000 forumites, there must be a hardcore of them that keep posting and lots more who join but just sit there and lurk. Are there any tools that produce a histogram of the number of posts by user?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    10,000 Maniacs anyone?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Wonder how many sockpuppet accounts are in that count :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Arktik83 said:
    Wonder how many sockpuppet accounts are in that count :D
    Wouldn't they be in pairs tho?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, but.... sorry to pour water on your celebratory cake Tony....  how many of those 10,000 have logged in within the past six months ?  Back when I was a mystic mod, I had access to all that stuff and IIRC, the members list page was mostly people who had signed up and hadn't been back for ages.  The list was mostly inactive members actually.

At what point do you consider someone an ex-member ?  If they haven't visited within six months ?  three months ?

I reckon that if you only counted people who have logged in within the past three months, our membership figure would be closer to a couple of hundred tops.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Emp_Fab said:
    Yeah, but.... sorry to pour water on your celebratory cake Tony....  how many of those 10,000 have logged in within the past six months ?  Back when I was a mystic mod, I had access to all that stuff and IIRC, the members list page was mostly people who had signed up and hadn't been back for ages.  The list was mostly inactive members actually.

At what point do you consider someone an ex-member ?  If they haven't visited within six months ?  three months ?

I reckon that if you only counted people who have logged in within the past three months, our membership figure would be closer to a couple of hundred tops.
    Well, that peed on your bonfire Tony!

Congrats on reaching 10,000, whatever they do!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Emp_Fab said:

You're the kind of guy who turns up to the wedding celebrations to remind the happy couple about divorce statistics, aren't you?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
    Chalky said:
    Emp_Fab said:

You're the kind of guy who turns up to the wedding celebrations to remind the happy couple about divorce statistics, aren't you?
    You think he gets invited to (wedding) celebrations???
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    Emp_Fab said:

I reckon that if you only counted people who have logged in within the past three months, our membership figure would be closer to a couple of hundreds tops.
    Yeah,but those couple of hundred are awesome.

Or a bit sad.

Mmmmmmmm.......
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27485
    Emp_Fab said:
    Yeah, but.... sorry to pour water on your celebratory cake Tony....  how many of those 10,000 have logged in within the past six months ?
    That measure isn't what this thread is about @Emp_Fab.

For sure, on this forum (and most others that I'm aware of) there is a hard core of regular and frequent posters who keep the place buzzing, and a much larger number of more passive members.  If we had 10,000 regular posters, Lee would be in the trouble because of the server load!

Quite a few sign up, and never post, not even in the first couple of days after they've joined.  Why is that?

Emp_Fab said:
    When they're banned.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Emp_Fab said:

I reckon that if you only counted people who have logged in within the past three months, our membership figure would be closer to a couple of hundreds tops.
    Yeah,but those couple of hundred are awesome.

Or a bit sad.

Mmmmmmmm.......
    Sad and awesome :)

Brilliant news on the 10,000 TT
  • Yes congrats on 10,000, whichever way you count it. As the saying goes: from small acorns...
    I would say awesome. My wife would say sad.
    It's not a competition.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

there's at least one idiot among that 10,000...

Hello ladies!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    TTony said:
    Quite a few sign up, and never post, not even in the first couple of days after they've joined.  Why is that?

On some forums I've done this just to use the better search facilities, better display options and ways to track interesting threads.  (Not all of these apply to The Fretboard of course.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Emp_Fab said:

Think of it like an army. Most are reservists or general infantry. But within the 10000 there is an elite highly trained cohort who can respond to any post within seconds, like a Fretboard SAS.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Kilgore said:Think of it like an army. Most are reservists or general infantry. But within the 10000 there is an elite highly trained cohort who can respond to any post within seconds, like a Fretboard SAS.

Dad's Army? 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Happy 10k!

Well done getting this far.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Kilgore said:Think of it like an army. Most are reservists or general infantry. But within the 10000 there is an elite highly trained cohort who can respond to any post within seconds, like a Fretboard SAS.

Dad's Army? 
    LOL. It would be fun to speculate who is who?
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    So who is the mystical 10,000th member who the one that the scriptures foretold would come and save us all from our GAS??
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.