Beatles Live - Ron Howard

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
Anyone else see it ? Covered their playing live period.

Ruddy marvellous - no wonder the retired to the studio their touring was mental.
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just watched it, bands today have it much easier 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw it as cinema. Just amazing
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited January 2018
    Jalapeno said:

Ruddy marvellous - no wonder the retired to the studio their touring was mental.
    Were they rockin’ and rollin’ all week long?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    They put out albums at a staggering rate and staggeringly consistent quality as well.  The Beatles worked really, really hard.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited January 2018
    Cheers for the heads up.  Just ordered it. 

EDIT  -- Watched it last night. (Prime same day delivery is quite something!)  Really enjoyed the film.
    (PM if anyone's interested in a cheap DVD!)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10406
    I saw it at the cinema, was good but all the footage they claimed was new I had seen before .... by new I think they meant not on BBC etc. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Iamnobody said:
    Jalapeno said:

Were they rockin’ and rollin’ all week long?
    I see what you did there ;)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14245
    tFB Trader
    They put out albums at a staggering rate and staggeringly consistent quality as well.  The Beatles worked really, really hard.
    working class lads from a working class environment - what I find staggering is the endless output of quality tunes, often written in a short time and in and almost ad lib format - No sneaking away to a Caribbean island for inspiration
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    just realised its still available on Amazon Prime
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Consider not only the amount of stuff they released but how little of it was George's, they could probably have done another three or four albums.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited January 2018
    scrumhalf said:
    Consider not only the amount of stuff they released but how little of it was George's, they could probably have done another three or four albums.
    George was still a great songsmith though. Just listen to any of his solo albums for proof. Seems odd that there was so little of it on the Beatles albums - whether it was John and Paul’s doing, or if George was sharp enough to realise it might serve him well in the event that the band broke up? The cover and title of his ‘All Things Must Pass’ album would seem to imply that it wasn’t entirely unexpected...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c2/All_Things_Must_Pass_%282001%29_-_Album_Artwork.jpg/220px-All_Things_Must_Pass_%282001%29_-_Album_Artwork.jpg
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    scrumhalf said:
    They might have strangled each other if they did!

There is more George in the catalogue than some think, it starts earlier as well, nifty moody beat "number" called "Don't Bother Me" made it onto With The Beatles.

George was a great songwriter, but he happened to be in a band with Lennon and McCartney, so only his best stuff made it on the early records.  Later, he probably contributed as much to the records overall as either of the others.  More credits as well, three of his songs on Revolver for example.

Later on, arguably the best tracks on both the White Album and Abbey Road were Harrison songs (WMGGW and Something respectively).

It's scary, you write a couple of paragraphs on the Beatles and you remind yourself how good they actually were.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Watched it on Prime over the weekend - Great watch, really quite staggering what they accomplished.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited January 2018
    LuttiS said:
    Watched it on Prime over the weekend - Great watch, really quite staggering what they accomplished.

Yes - it wasn't so much consistency for me, but volume and rate of change over such a short period. When you look at 63-68 and consider just how much is recorded and how it changes in a little over 4 years it's staggering
    LuttiS said:

Yes - it wasn't so much consistency for me, but volume and rate of change over such a short period. When you look at 63-68 and consider just how much is recorded and how it changes in a little over 4 years it's staggering
    Yep, and the reactions too, people properly losing their shit over them and the shows.

A friend of mine took her foster daughter to a Justin Bieber concert a few years ago and said that there was a lot of screaming, but the looks on the peoples faces in the beatles crowd and the volume,, just don't think we will ever see the like. 
    Granted, PA technology wasn't really there at the time, and i imagine many people here have more powerful amps than they were using for stadiums...

But still..  :)
    LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:

Yep, and the reactions too, people properly losing their shit over them and the shows.

A friend of mine took her foster daughter to a Justin Bieber concert a few years ago and said that there was a lot of screaming, but the looks on the peoples faces in the beatles crowd and the volume,, just don't think we will ever see the like. 
    Granted, PA technology wasn't really there at the time, and i imagine many people here have more powerful amps than they were using for stadiums...

Plus also, the Beatles were really good, and most if not everything Bieber does sucks balls, important distinction! :)
  • LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:

Plus also, the Beatles were really good, and most if not everything Bieber does sucks balls, important distinction! :)
    Lets be honest, he’s not rubbish though is he? He’s a very hard working successful musician, and whilst it’s not for you, he must be ok as pop chancers get found out quickly. 
    LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:

Lets be honest, he’s not rubbish though is he? He’s a very hard working successful musician, and whilst it’s not for you, he must be ok as pop chancers get found out quickly. 
    @darthed1981 True.

Buutt,

@lustycourtier has a point :/ gawd.. don't belieb I'm defending Beebs...

I think given his age when he rose to stardom he was always going to be a dick.  As a kid at his age being suddenly able to have absolutely anything ever, all the hangers on telling him he's amazing and him being given literally and figuratively no boundaries.. I'd be more amazed if he wasn't a total gobshite. 

It's a strong case for environment Vs genes.. 

But he's still relevant (in those circles) and he is still making music that is popular (in those circles).

But he's got nothing on the Beatles.

:)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Shea stadium through the tannoys !? 
    Wow