Minor/Slow Blues books/artists

What's Hot
Fellow guitarists, I need your years of experience to educate me on some things.

I’m still very much a beginner but I’m at the point where I need to focus on a certain genre. I’m really into the slow blues/minor blues. songs such as Married to the the blues etc.

could you please advise on any good slow blues tab books to practice. Also any artists of note I such consider. Im aware of the usual suspects such as the kings, but I’m sure there must be more artists modern or old school.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    If you really want to get into the Blues I advise you to study the old delta blues.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    Peter Green?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s loads out there, try early fleetwood mac, bb king, albert king... i love ‘hard times’ by Clapton on the Journeyman album. 
    Here’s a song I wrote a couple of years ago, a bit of inspiration hopefully!
    https://youtu.be/T86R7bDvqBE
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    There are a few candidates on Eric Clapton’s From the Cradle and there is certainly decent tab available for that. Andy Fairweather Lowe’s rivvum guitar on it too. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Josh Smith, maybe? More the slightly more modern and jazzier (and more obviously technical) side of the slow blues.
  • 1979 said:
    Peter Green?
    ...should be at the top of your list. Snowy White too of course. The list is very, very long.

There's no need to buy TAB books for blues playing. Learn the pentatonic patterns and just play along with anything that grabs you. Doing it this way will teach you about timing and improvising, and you'll start to get your own sound. It sounds like a cliché, but it's true.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for your suggestions, I have certainly discovered some new artists. Thanks again.
  • There’s loads out there, try early fleetwood mac, bb king, albert king... i love ‘hard times’ by Clapton on the Journeyman album. 

• James, just watch the video, hit nail on head, was very impressed? Has this been realeased for download etc where can I get more of that?
  • James, just watch the video, hit nail on head, was very impressed? Has this been realeased for download etc where can I get more of that?
    Thanks! Pm’d. Album is on Spotify and itunes.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited January 2018
    Give ‘Double Trouble’ from Eric Clapton’s ‘No Reason To Cry’ album a listen. From his ‘worst’ period - yet it’s a fantastic piece of minor blues playing.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    There’s loads out there, try early fleetwood mac, bb king, albert king... i love ‘hard times’ by Clapton on the Journeyman album. 
    Nice phrasing there man :)
    Nice phrasing there man :)
    Thanks! It's my favourite song to play, nice and simple yet effective.