Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fenders New "Meteora"

What's Hot
Forgive me if this has been posted, I did search it...... https://reverb.com/news/new-fender-offset-the-meteora-leaks-ahead-of-namm?utm_campaign=1612019_blogfendermeteora&utm_medium=FB&utm_source=FB ; I'm betting it sounds great being very tele like and all but not too sure I like the look.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I'm getting hints of the Lace Cybercaster. It's not bad, per se, but like the Musicman St Vincent the real problem is sticking with the same boring headstock whilest adopting a more out-there body shape.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    like the explorer/tele lovechild body but I hate those big black block neck inlays
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Jesus that's ugly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Don't like :(

Don't think new guitars are needed, the ones we already have have been doing fine for 60 years
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MartinBMartinB Frets: 210
    I like the looks, but I hope there's a tremolo version too.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14474
    I had been fed rumours of Fender launching something "unexpected" at Winter NAMM 2018. 

The Meteora* reminds me of those inflatable guitars like Ron Wood once mimed on in a Rolling Stones promotional video.

* Perhaps, in the present political climate, that should have been #Me-Too-Ora? :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I think that body shape is really cool, but not with the black block inlays. In fact we need a version in Lake Placid Blue with a tremolo and a Rosewood neck. 
  • Yeah, the blocky inlays are what's bothering me as well, and if they did some angling or stretching on the headstock maybe.  There's always 2019.....

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    thegummy said:
    Don't like :(

Don't think new guitars are needed, the ones we already have have been doing fine for 60 years
    I don't mind new shapes, I like the Parker Fly, Strandberg Boden, etc or the more metal inspired Rhoads, Kelly, Warlock... but this Fender looks like it was designed by 9 different people who hadn't seen eachother's work.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I quite like it. It took a few seconds of hovering but it’s like a skewed telemaster.

I don’t like the block inlays though. Perhaps a nice CAR and rosewood board neck or sea foam green, brown tort pick guard and rosewood neck would be better.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    I like it. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    The Meteora looks like a production version of the Fender Voyager concept guitar from NAMM ?2012.

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/larry-s-lab-fender-voyager-concept

i like it, a lot for its ‘Jetsons/1950s cars with tailfins’ type look. But, like others, v dubious about black blocks on maple...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    It looks like my five year old son tried to draw a Tele with a crayon.
    No, not for me.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    I like the styling, but it’s a shame they’ve been so unimaginative with the pickups and the bridge. I love the sound of a Telecaster, but if I want that I’ll buy one.

This is just a different-shaped Tele.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16730
    ICBM said:
    I like the styling, but it’s a shame they’ve been so unimaginative with the pickups and the bridge. I love the sound of a Telecaster, but if I want that I’ll buy one.

This is just a different-shaped Tele.
    What you on about, that’s a whole new bridge design....

just happens to look almost exactly like a tele bridge ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like poor placement of the pickup selector - that'll get hit.

Attractive, but surely it's just a funny shaped tele. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Mmmmm......for me, the headstock shape is wrong, I dont mind the block inlays, but the biggest niggle for me is the Tele pickups.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Needs a bigsby
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    It should have a Swinger headstock (below). I don't work for Fender, but if i did, that would have been my suggestion. The block inlays are awful too.The aesthetics are poor on all that hybrid range, bar perhaps the whiteguard strat. That just needs a more interesting colour. Designed properly, a hybrid range could be awesome.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • MartinBMartinB Frets: 210
    A Starcaster headstock could also have worked, been a bit different and still had some Fender DNA. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom