NBD: New Baby Day

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
Afternoon all,

been absent the last few weeks, but for very good reason...one it was Christmas, and I was busy eating and drinking, but mostly, as most of you know, my wife and I were expecting and I've been absent because of the (final!) arrival of our little boy a week late, so he's kept us occupied! 

Hudson Leonard Charles Eve arrived at 3:28am on Christmas Day and aside from him deciding that bed time isn't until 1am most nights, he's an absolute legend and we are beyond smitten. 

We even made the local news: http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/child-born-another-another-christmas-974632 (that's us in the 1st pic) 

Had nearly 3 weeks off work over Christmas which was ace, so going back to work today was pretty horrendous! 
0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• congrats dude...cool hat.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Great news. Congratulations! 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    All the best people are born on Christmas Day ( And I'm not talking about Jesus)...congrats, georguos boy
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Congratulations.

Birthday on Christmas day?
    Easy life !
    :)

Must be amazing for you both.

• Just because...

What's the weight like? ;) 

Congrats! 

I look forward to a fire sale of all your guitar kit once you realise you no longer have the space / time / money for a real life once your new money and milk vampire gets going! ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Congrats! Lovely picture
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Just because...

What's the weight like? ;) 

Congrats! 

I look forward to a fire sale of all your guitar kit once you realise you no longer have the space / time / money for a real life once your new money and milk vampire gets going! ;) 
    I already sold all of my gear (except for my strat and Taylor) years ago :( 

he was 8lbs 3oz at birth, then lost a fuckload of weight :( - 13.5% so we had to be re-admitted for two days, which was pretty horrible/draining, but then he gained over a 1lb in 4 days and went up to 8lbz 9oz by the time he was re-weighed just after he was a week old and he's doing fine now. Just eats ALL THE FUCKING TIME. so my wife feels like he's permanently attached. Takes after his dad it seems. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    Scary! Had a similar thing when my daughter was born. She was only 6'15 but then dropped to a fraction over 6 before being back in hospital. Glad he's found his appetite now though. Must be a relief. 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Congrats, lovely pic.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Top news well done all.

Have you not broken christmas lore though by not naming him nicholas, or jesus or wenceslas etc because of the Christmas day birth.

Mine are 12 and 10 now and are just freeloading wasters who break everything, enjoy the next say 7 years which are the best you will ever have I reckon.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    congratulations

• Get a Dolphins hat on him and stop ruining his life :open_mouth: 

Huge Congrats Jon..

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Massive congratulations :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Get a Dolphins hat on him and stop ruining his life :open_mouth: 

Huge Congrats Jon..

Dolphins? I don't want to get done for child abuse! 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Congratulations.

Better get that birth guitar for him now before they get to be "vintage".

And a train set whilst you're at it, they need to be broken in, you know.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    joneve said:

he was 8lbs 3oz at birth, then lost a fuckload of weight :( - 13.5% so we had to be re-admitted for two days, which was pretty horrible/draining, but then he gained over a 1lb in 4 days and went up to 8lbz 9oz by the time he was re-weighed just after he was a week old and he's doing fine now. Just eats ALL THE FUCKING TIME. so my wife feels like he's permanently attached. Takes after his dad it seems. 
    Congrats, bet your well chuffed! 

Same thing happened to me, was re-admitted due to weight loss had to force feed formula to our daughter in addition to tittays!
    Wasn't great since turned out she's allergic to milk..

All the best, remember that even though as the dad you are always wrong, and "had it easy" during birth etc, you still deserve you time :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Fantastic! Congratulations.

They grow up too soon so try to enjoy some of it along the way.
    The first 20 years are the worst! ;-)

• joneve said:
    Get a Dolphins hat on him and stop ruining his life :open_mouth: 

Huge Congrats Jon..

Dolphins? I don't want to get done for child abuse! 
    Seahawks is just fine. Legion of boom ftw! (Not so much this season :(

LuttiS said:
    joneve said:

Congrats, bet your well chuffed! 

Same thing happened to me, was re-admitted due to weight loss had to force feed formula to our daughter in addition to tittays!
    Wasn't great since turned out she's allergic to milk..

All the best, remember that even though as the dad you are always wrong, and "had it easy" during birth etc, you still deserve you time :)
    Yea, same situation, except he drinks formula just fine, which was a bonus in the first week or two. But the first 24-36 hours we were instructed to cup feed which is a right fucking ball ache as each feed was taking at least 2 hours as it was boob, then my wife expressed whilst I cup fed...and we had to repeat every 3 hours, so we had absolutely NO sleep for over 2 days. Ended up getting my wife upset as a.) she didn't want to be there and b.) we were getting mixed input from the midwives (aka - cup feed and don't teat feed so there's no nipple confusion and then from another one "teat is fine as you're using a nipple shield anyway (as he was struggling to latch on)"

fortunately the last day we had the absolute BEST midwife and she basically said "just use a teat, it's unlikely to make a difference and the chances are high that he'll still go back and latch on properly once he's a bit bigger and the main thing is he's getting plenty of food in him" 

We're almost exclusively back on the bewb now as we got milk up the ying yang, just got to work on getting him to latch on with out a shield 100% of the time to make life as easy as possible. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Congrats!

Word of warning though, I’ve heard that they can be really noisy and really tricky to dial in the exact tone you’re looking for (silent!)