Jack and Diane.?

What's Hot
Was a bit disappointed when after finally gettting pretty close to the sound of one of
my favourite songs that I discovered that JCMelencamp (Hope he doesn't find this on google
accidently..lol)Does not nearly half of an effort when playing the song live   even though he
wrote the bloomin song!.Half of the enjoyment I had was listening to those chords and their
sequence but hey maybe session musicians added the magic,What do I know?.Just a  thought
shared maybe I am too demanding oh well ..I said it and will accept any flak.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    MrsTheWeary has an aunt and uncle called Ron and Diane. It was a great source of pleasure to me that whenever they were mentioned I could start singing ‘ a little ditty about Ron and Diane, two pensioners from Birmingham.’ 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    It's an amazing song that's why I wanted to play it ..it's major flaw however
    is too many crap forgettable lyrics ..I may rewrite them for my version coz
    you read them without thinking W.T.F.
    Bobby Brooks take off your pants. Bobbie Brooks was a popular clothing brand for young women in the 70s and 80s

say says....Only read the  lyric translation very recently..

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I love the song and the lyrics, just to check I was hearing them right I googled em and found this :-1: 

According to Mellencamp, “Jack & Diane” was based on the 1966 Georgia Williams film Sweet Bird of Youth. He said of recording the song: “‘Jack & Diane’ was a terrible record to make. When I play it on guitar by myself, it sounds great; but I could never get the band to play along with me.”He also said the clapping wasn’t supposed to be included in the finished song; they used it to help keep tempo. When it was finished, he realized the song just didn’t work without it.
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom