What tele bridge?

I am currently considering the below bridges, I have a cut down bridge on my current one but never really owned a tele with non cut down bridge. Is there any tonal or physical difference between the two when playing? Are the non cut down bridges prone to giving you bleeding fingers?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Never played a cut down bridge... always the full ashtray... never had any problems with bleeding fingers!!!!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Got the Gotoh cut down bridge on my Tele, love it, never occurred to me that it would be sharp
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    I have all 3 styles on different teles (full, treble side cut down and both sides cut down), and to be honest, it doesn't make that much difference.  I would imagine that if you anchor your hand on the bridge, it might help a bit, but for me it is more for the look than anything.  I think the but downs look nicer.
  • Would have thought that your technique/playing style is the deciding factor here.

If you're lively and hitting-heavy the full sides might catch your fingers, if you're delicate and precise it won't matter.

I could be wrong.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Delicate is not a word I would use to describe my playing, cut down it is!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    First one has intonated saddles, which I would pick over the plain barrels of the second :)
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Chalky said:
    First one has intonated saddles, which I would pick over the plain barrels of the second :)
    They both have compensated barrels ;)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I’ve never played a cut down bridge, other than the fully flat plates you get on modern Fender Standards. 

i dont think it’s a big deal either way tbh.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Danny Gatton helped design the Joe Barden bridge, which has a lower cuttaway to make space for the finger resting on the body. 

Maybe other cuttaway designs followed on from that. 

I have them on sale at the minute. As luck would have it.  :o =)
    http://www.amberguitar.com/telecaster-parts/222-joe-barden-custom-compensated-vintage-style-bridge-for-tele.html