Callaham V/N Bridge and Pickup Pole Spacing

Hi there,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but making and modding didn't quite seem right!

I'm using a Callaham V/N Bridge in a build I'm putting together, which has a 2 7/32" mounting, but with a more modern 2 1/16" string spacing, which is 52.4mm.

I'm looking to put a Bare Knuckle humbucker in the bridge, which comes at either 50 or 53mm pole spacing. I figure by the time the strings are above the pole pieces, it'll be pretty much in the middle of the two options. Any suggestions on if I should go for the 50 or 53mm spacing on the humbucker or if it even matters at all?

I phoned Bare Knuckle who asked me to ask Callaham, but I've had no reply from them. I know they're a small company, so perhaps they don't reply to queries like this.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    That's designed for a Strat guitar and fits MIM Strats if that helps ... I have one.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    53mm should have your strings and pole pieces more closely lined up but it will make next to no difference to the sound.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    The narrow spacing just stops the top E slippping off the fretboard and makes it more modern feeling.  The spacing won't make any difference to what the humbucker will sound like, but as above 53mm will probably line up a bit better