SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Tele build parts - ashtray bridge, tuners, pickups

Hello all,

I'm starting a tele parts build. I have the neck on the way and think I will get a guitarbuild unfinished body (unless anyone has an unfinished body?). At the moment I'm looking for a Wilkinson or other ashtray bridge with brass saddles, tele pickups by Tonerider/Iron Gear etc, and machine head - maybe Wilkinson again. I have a couple of Iron Gear humbuckers (blues engine and torque something) and a Vintage v100 with upgraded electronics for trade. I'll make separate posts for them for sale with pictures.

Thanks! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    What's your budget for the whole lot? I may have everything you need (inc body).
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • geecengeecen Frets: 1
    Alegree said:
    What's your budget for the whole lot? I may have everything you need (inc body).
    Not sure for the whole thing to be honest. I'm trying to do it on the cheap/ second-hand as much as possible. There are Wilkinson ashtrays for 17.50 inc p and p and machine heads for 18.50 ; there is a body  which is a factory reject for about 50. Not really seen many used tele pickups in that quality range, but they're all about 50-60 new. So I wanted to know whether I could get any of these bits for less second hand. 
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    geecen said:
    Alegree said:
    Not sure for the whole thing to be honest. I'm trying to do it on the cheap/ second-hand as much as possible. There are Wilkinson ashtrays for 17.50 inc p and p and machine heads for 18.50 ; there is a body  which is a factory reject for about 50. Not really seen many used tele pickups in that quality range, but they're all about 50-60 new. So I wanted to know whether I could get any of these bits for less second hand. 
    I can beat all those prices, except the body.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Have a quality nickel ashtray bridge with compensated saddles, can't remnber the make I got it from the US a few years ago but replaced it with a 6 saddle one and a Fender mex neck pickup. £20 posted for both?
  • Pmd
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    I've got a new Fender (thinline reissue) bridge pickup to go with that neck pickup if you're interested. £20 posted?
  • geecengeecen Frets: 1
    John_A said:
    Have a quality nickel ashtray bridge with compensated saddles, can't remnber the make I got it from the US a few years ago but replaced it with a 6 saddle one and a Fender mex neck pickup. £20 posted for both?
    Thanks for the offer. I think I already have the bridge sorted now, and I'm after alnico pickups - I believe the Mex ones are ceramic right? 

Cheers
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    geecen said:
    John_A said:
    Thanks for the offer. I think I already have the bridge sorted now, and I'm after alnico pickups - I believe the Mex ones are ceramic right? 

Cheers
    Sorry, no idea :)