Replacement Telecaster wiring harness

My Squier Tele has received a lot of abuse modifications in the past number of years.  I think the pots etc. are in need of an upgrade.  This advert popped up on my computer.  Seems expensive for what it is but what do I know?  Opinions will be appreciated.

https://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/telecaster-wiring-harness-with-4-way-switch-modification/9732630?utm_campaign=carousel_private&utm_medium=link&utm_source=smi_footer

A replacement control plate, not included, will be needed too.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    There are some good parts in it, but also a healthy dose of snake oil - "matched" pots (irrelevant since they don't do the same function) and the "NOS paper in oil cap" (nothing wrong with it, but won't improve the tone) which you're probably paying more than is necessary for.

But it does look well-made, and it can actually be difficult to buy really good parts at sensible prices (especially including postage sometimes) even if you can do the assembly yourself, so the price is not that wildly over the top.

If you want to do the 4-way switching you will also need to separate the cover ground connection from the coil on the neck pickup and run another wire to the cavity - or simply disconnect the cover entirely, which is just as effective and can improve the clarity of the pickup a bit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    65 Euros for parts that retail for not more than 40 Euros + the vendor's labour + the postage and packing. Your call.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I am expecting a delivery today from Six String Supplies for a custom loom for a tele project. 

They do a four-way tele loom: http://www.sixstringsupplies.co.uk/product/4-way-telecaster-harness ;