Anyone got a Fender Vibro Champ (5W)?

lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
Wondering what these are like. Just seeing if anyone has/had one and could provide any feedback..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Do you mean the original all-valve one or the modern (XD I think) hybrid one with the digital modelling?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Do you mean the original all-valve one or the modern (XD I think) hybrid one with the digital modelling?
    The XD @ICBM ;

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Not a bad amp - not quite the true vintage valve Champ tone, but not that far off on the cleanest settings. The dirtier ones are less convincing, but I would guess you're not mainly buying it for those. The effects are usable too.

I've seen a couple for repair with dead resistors after a valve failure - one cathode resistor and one screen resistor, from memory. Neither a big job to fix but means the amp won't work until they're replaced, as well as the valve.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Not a bad amp - not quite the true vintage valve Champ tone, but not that far off on the cleanest settings. The dirtier ones are less convincing, but I would guess you're not mainly buying it for those. The effects are usable too.

I've seen a couple for repair with dead resistors after a valve failure - one cathode resistor and one screen resistor, from memory. Neither a big job to fix but means the amp won't work until they're replaced, as well as the valve.
    Thanks! Only for home use, just looking for something to complement my HT1-R