Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Saw this the other day. It’s just an Alto TS12 and you pay 20 quid more for the rebranding. Don’t get it. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited January 2018
    Christ...they haven't even tried to make it look like it's not a TS212!
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    2000W? lol

The Alto only claims 1100W, and even that's peak - it's 550W continuous.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Saw this the other day. It’s just an Alto TS12 and you pay 20 quid more for the rebranding. Don’t get it. 

Ha, as soon as looked at it I thought it was probably a re-branded existing product.

Thinking will go like this - "we need something for NAMM else people will assume we are a dead company, but we only have some small change left in that jar over their to invest, what shall we do?"

• Are the Alto Ts212's no good then?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Are the Alto Ts212's no good then?
    They're not bad, there's better and worse out there  With PA speakers it's definitely a case of you get what you pay for.  For the money they are pretty good
  • Necro-bump :)

I was thinking about getting one of these Headrush FRFR cabs - initially they looked like they were rebadged Alto but I think people are saying now that they are tweaked enough to make them significantly better - is that right?

I've found that I really like the sound of my Headrush through headphones - it sounds great. Less so, via power amp and cab (oddly, the opposite of my Helix experience). I have tried it through my little db-hype 8" FRFR and it has the same quality of sound through that but a bit muddy and less defined. I'm hoping the Headrush FRFR might be a nicer sound...
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Try a DXR10 as the same time, I did that a d found them better.
  • Necro-bump :)

I was thinking about getting one of these Headrush FRFR cabs - initially they looked like they were rebadged Alto but I think people are saying now that they are tweaked enough to make them significantly better - is that right?

I've found that I really like the sound of my Headrush through headphones - it sounds great. Less so, via power amp and cab (oddly, the opposite of my Helix experience). I have tried it through my little db-hype 8" FRFR and it has the same quality of sound through that but a bit muddy and less defined. I'm hoping the Headrush FRFR might be a nicer sound...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ts312-headrush-frfr-anyone.1937906/ 

According to post #11 in the above TGP link - Headrush FRFR12 is rebadged TS312 minus mic preamp
  • Did they not originally have a 10" option? I thought the wisdom was that 10" was a better size for a FRFR cab for guitar, with 12" being a bit boomy and 8" a bit thin at volume.
  • I'm pretty sure that the Headrush is available in 12" or 8" only in which case if you want a 10" version then you'd have to look at the Alto TS310. 

• What do people think is the best size for a FRFR speaker cab? 8”, 10” or 12”?
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    John_A said:
    Are the Alto Ts212's no good then?
    They're not bad, there's better and worse out there  With PA speakers it's definitely a case of you get what you pay for.  For the money they are pretty good
    I agree.  I gig with a Helix and, prior to this, a Kemper.  FOH is a pair of Yamaha DXR12’s but I also have an Alto TS210 on stage just for the Helix.  The Yamaha’s are a much better speaker but with a price tag to match (approx double) but I think that the Alto is great value for money.  It’s also nice and light.