New Range of Fender Effects

What's Hot
LevLev Frets: 228
https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2018/01/25/namm-2018-new-fender-effects-pedals-announced/

I quite like the look and features. Back-lit LED knobs are kind of cool, interesting to hear how they sound.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    The compressor has a blend. So interested.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5143
    edited January 2018
    Slightly confused about the "dotted eighth" switch on the delay, but no way to input a tempo that I can see in the pictures, or in the description. 

Nice design, and the LED knobbies are a useful thing to have and the prices aren't ridiculous. The drives look interesting...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Slightly confused about the "dotted eighth" switch on the delay, but no way to input a tempo that I can see in the pictures, or in the description. 

Nice design, and the LED knobbies are a useful thing to have and the prices aren't ridiculous. The drives look interesting...
    I imagine that (assuming it does have tap tempo like most modern delays do), you hold down the footswitch and then tap after a few seconds. Not the method I prefer but seems to work for other people.
  • These look surprisingly good. I like the look of the Santa Ana
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The reverb and delay both have a great feature set I think. Enough but not too much.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

Says ‘add a dotted eighth ‘ so is it a secondary delay line that adds it in? So you can do what we were discussing here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/122645/dotted-8th-help-tps#latest
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Slightly confused about the "dotted eighth" switch on the delay, but no way to input a tempo that I can see in the pictures, or in the description. 

Says ‘add a dotted eighth ‘ so is it a secondary delay line that adds it in? So you can do what we were discussing here:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/122645/dotted-8th-help-tps#latest

Without any obvious tap tempo, I guess you set the delay time to quarter notes and the dotted eighth switch does the maths to generate a dotted eighth repeat either instead of, or as well as whatever you had set.

Personally I wouldn't go near a delay without tap tempo.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    english_bob said:

Without any obvious tap tempo, I guess you set the delay time to quarter notes and the dotted eighth switch does the maths to generate a dotted eighth repeat either instead of, or as well as whatever you had set. 

If it's like the Maxon AD9 Pro it's just a second repeat with a preset interval that follows the main delay time. You set it by ear in the same way that you would any other delay without tap tempo. I've owned a couple of delays with tap tempo but never found it useful, I've always just done it like that.

I don't really get the point of this range though - there's nothing here that's distinctively 'Fender', and they're not exactly renowned for effects in general either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    english_bob said:

If it's like the Maxon AD9 Pro it's just a second repeat with a preset interval that follows the main delay time. You set it by ear in the same way that you would any other delay without tap tempo. I've owned a couple of delays with tap tempo but never found it useful, I've always just done it like that.

I don't really get the point of this range though - there's nothing here that's distinctively 'Fender', and they're not exactly renowned for effects in general either.
    Yeh, I think the pre set interval thing ( although would you not  want control over it's mix?) which is why it is on-off. 
    I don't use tap tempo but I'm hardly a sophisticated delay user - one delay as an ambient always on really I should probably be using reverb and one delay for big wooshy noises.

I have developed an interest in the idea of pre delay on reverbs. I've struggled to get on with reverb pedals generally but something I was watching suggested pre delay is what helps cut down the mush. Not the only reverb with pre delay on it but that's making me take an interest in the Fender reverb here.I don't think we know yet what the Special mode is. 

That interview with the Fender CEO last year I think he was talking about the idea of Fender being less reliant on it's traditional market of electric guitars and amps and needing to expand including effects and an  emphasis on acoustics. Whilst these aren't particularly Fender they aren't rebadged Chinese generic pedals either. So, they are making an effort at least.
  • They look fantastic, with a few nice features.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    I'm quite intrigued by the drives.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    The guy in the video, Stan, also designed the amps for Eric Clapton and The Edge. 

This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • These look nice! Well done Fender.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    MattFGBI said:
    The guy in the video, Stan, also designed the amps for Eric Clapton and The Edge. 

He seems to be a bit of a dude :) Very knowledgeable

Cabicular said:
    MattFGBI said:

He seems to be a bit of a dude :) Very knowledgeable

Yes, he is.  And a very nice guy. It's been really good having him demo the pedals because he designed most of them so he knows what he's talking about! 

contactemea@fender.com 

• Looked on PMT, hugely impressed by the pricing on these.
  • Looked on PMT, hugely impressed by the pricing on these.
    They’re coming out a bit less expensive than I thought they would. 
    There's a few videos out on these now: 

contactemea@fender.com