Best place to order new Marshall Origins?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
Having read various bits and bobs about various retailers and pre-ordering gear, who would you be ordering the new Origin from? 

I’m not adverse to driving a few miles either. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    They'll be at all Marshall dealers - use your own personal favourite  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I'm still sceptical about the prices of these - they seem like they should cost more. £599 for a high powered one channel head is awesome value. I'm still pondering about some sort of a catch...

Peach Guitars have them in pre-order as do Gear4Music, and I imagine Andertons will very soon (if not already). Haven't had trouble with either.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    They're made in Vietnam if you consider that a catch. I suspect that's why they're priced well.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    I suspect we'll start hearing why they're so cheap when people start buying them. 

I have no problem with cheap, but extreme light weight is slightly worrying in a 50w combo, I look forward to some internal pics, and to hear what they sound like in real life. 

I just hope it's not another Haze. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    edited January 2018
    I must admit I can't understand why anyone would order an amp without playing one first or at least hearing far more demos and reviews.

The price reflects they are made overseas so I would suspect build quality will be much like the previous DSLs made overseas which most people seem to suggest is OK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Coming soon to a landfill near you 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    They're made in Vietnam if you consider that a catch. I suspect that's why they're priced well.
    Not acording to Peach there not, explicitly calls out UK built:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitar-amps/guitar-amps/heads/marshall-origin-20w-head.htm

Does seem rather amazing they could build to that price in the UK however?
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    TTBZ said:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitar-amps/guitar-amps/heads/marshall-origin-20w-head.htm

I typo I'm guessing as the pics on retailers websites show the rear panel stating designed and engineered in UK, made in Vietnam
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    gubble said:
    TTBZ said:

I typo I'm guessing as the pics on retailers websites show the rear panel stating designed and engineered in UK, made in Vietnam
    Yes, they're definitely made in Vietnam.
  • TTBZ said:
    gubble said:
    TTBZ said:

Yes, they're definitely made in Vietnam.
    Cool - thanks for confirming - clips sound great :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Dopesick said:
    I'm still sceptical about the prices of these - they seem like they should cost more. £599 for a high powered one channel head is awesome value.
    Is it?

Here’s a 100W two-channel head - with excellent build quality too - for under £400...

https://m.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_100hdm.htm

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• p90fool said:
    I suspect we'll start hearing why they're so cheap when people start buying them. 

I have no problem with cheap, but extreme light weight is slightly worrying in a 50w combo, I look forward to some internal pics, and to hear what they sound like in real life. 

I just hope it's not another Haze. 
    Haze came to my mind as well. The origin clips ive heard so far sound great and i hope marshall  have listened to players and put out  a quality product instead of  cobbled together junk.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    When Jet City can turn out a decent quality head for £200 should we really be surprised? I’m not a big Marshall fan but these look good to me, lots of negativity I don’t get.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It's the first amp from Marshall for ages that I could see myself buying - simple design and sounds good. And don't knock Vietnam. The government have been throwing serious money at modernising the country and lets be honest a valve amp is pretty basic.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I think this looks and sounds decent from the videos. I could very happily try the 20W head using my badcat's onboard speaker as a cab.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    Fretwired said:
    It's the first amp from Marshall for ages that I could see myself buying - simple design and sounds good. And don't knock Vietnam. The government have been throwing serious money at modernising the country and lets be honest a valve amp is pretty basic.
    Nobody is knocking Vietnam, we're rather hoping they're built there rather than in the UK, sadly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this looks and sounds decent from the videos. I could very happily try the 20W head using my badcat's onboard speaker as a cab.

I'm thinking of trying the same. I use a vintage 10 at the moment in an ac15 but I keep meaning to swap it out for a 10inch greenback.