Cornford Hurricane - tube query

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I still reckon the best sound I ever had was just as we spotted smoke pouring out of my amp chassis :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m a huge Cornford fan and recently picked up another MK50 and a hurricane

They can be had for easy money these days.  Only paid £495 for the hurricane from Charlie chandlers 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Five Cornford amps and three cabs here. Great amps IMHO and won plaudits left, right and centre a decade ago, but the guitar-gear buying world is fickle. Cornford seem to be unknown by the youngsters / newcomers and very Marmite for everyone else. I see a lot of hate these days. Still, as you say, the upside is that prices stay modest.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gadget said:
    Five Cornford amps and three cabs here. Great amps IMHO and won plaudits left, right and centre a decade ago, but the guitar-gear buying world is fickle. Cornford seem to be unknown by the youngsters / newcomers and very Marmite for everyone else. I see a lot of hate these days. Still, as you say, the upside is that prices stay modest.

I’ve owned everything twice over now I think except the RK100

Even after all these years and a multitude of amps  that MK50 tone kept calling me back 

Was like that old friend was back again when I first plugged back into one before Christmas 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    I’ve had 2 Carreras (Not enough Bass end for me) and 1 Harlequin....I really fancy trying a Hurricane though...
    Gadget said:

I’ve owned everything twice over now I think except the RK100

Even after all these years and a multitude of amps  that MK50 tone kept calling me back 

Was like that old friend was back again when I first plugged back into one before Christmas 
    I've had everything at least once, except the RH50s, RH30H and the Hellcat Combo. I still have a Carrera, MK50H, MK50H II, Hellcat and RK100, plus 2x RK 4x12s and a metal grille 4x12.

The Hellcat is my fave, but the MK50Hs are fantastic too.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    I traded a Roadhouse 30 in for a Hurricane (..bad call, as the Roadhouse was a much better sounding amp)

The day was saved (and the Hurricane ..ahem, ‘blown away’) by a Budda SuperDrive 18
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • I've had three cornfords. Hurricane, hellcat and a roadhouse. All fantastic smps but my concern now would be the customer service or the lack of one as the company no longer exists?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    I've had three cornfords. Hurricane, hellcat and a roadhouse. All fantastic smps but my concern now would be the customer service or the lack of one as the company no longer exists?
    In what regard? Every part / function is easily serviceable by a competent tech.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Gadget said:
    I've had three cornfords. Hurricane, hellcat and a roadhouse. All fantastic smps but my concern now would be the customer service or the lack of one as the company no longer exists?
    In what regard? Every part / function is easily serviceable by a competent tech.
    Any experienced tech shouldn't even need a schematic, they are very easy to trace.

The only issue I can think of is that some models use 'Vactrol' opto-switches which may become unavailable at some point - they're already banned in new products under the RoHS regulations, and so will probably cease being made when demand for spares falls off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Gadget said:
    Yeah I know but I just like a central place to call if I need to
    Gadget said:
    support@cornfordamps.com - Wally will always help you out.
  • Gadget said:
    Gadget said:
    You mean there really is someone on the end of that email address? I'll take it back then if so :)
    Gadget said:
    Gadget said:
    You mean there really is someone on the end of that email address? I'll take it back then if so :)
    Yes, there is :)
  • Gadget said:
    Gadget said:
    Gadget said:
    Yes, there is :)
    Wally is a lovely chap