Deluxe Memory Man Woe

What's Hot
JD50JD50 Frets: 658

So I bought a BB DMM on here around Christmas time & it arrived barely working.

The pots made little difference until the last 20% & the pedal made an awful distorted noise as if there was a grounding issue..... plus the wet signal would just disappear.

I sent it out for repair & it arrived back last week.

The grounding issue has been resolved & the pedal has been recalibrated so the pedal sounds as it should......

...... when it works!!!

The wet signal has continued to drop out on me if pedal get a slight knock but returns if I tap/shake the case.

Anyone experienced this problem or have any idea before I post it off again?

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    It's almost certainly either a cracked solder joint or a faulty pot, but check all the chips are firmly seated in their holders.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Thanks @ICBM I will have a look this eve. I'm pretty sure the repair guy said the original problem was bad solder/pot related & that he had sorted that so hopefully a simple case of a loose chip.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Was it sold as faulty?
    BBBlues said:
    Was it sold as faulty?
    No but giving benefit of the doubt it could have taken a knock in transit. Plus the guy has not logged in since...... 

Things do develop faults I guess.
    For example I bought an amp on here last year from a long time FB'er which has made a horrible whine since the first time i plugged it in. 
    I don't believe I was sold it with the problem but prolly took a knock in transit and it sat idle for a few months before I even plugged it in.
    Still need to take it to a tech.

Also i swapped amps with @timmysoft a couple years ago.
    I had only collected the amp  from a service a couple weeks before the swap. Within hours of Timmysoft plugging in the amp one of the channels was iffy.

Annoying but there you go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    It's almost certainly either a cracked solder joint or a faulty pot, but check all the chips are firmly seated in their holders.

Chips are firmly seated & I cant see any cracked joints. The repairs guys mentioned working on a pot or 2 before they sent it back. Am sending it back to them.