Can anyone help? (Long shot alert)

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
Trying to track down a review of a guitar I saw a very long time ago in Guitarist - I think this must have been around 2008. It's not a well-known brand. I believe they were from the Czech Republic. The mag reviewed two guitars, one was a dreadnought and the other, which is what I'm interested in, was a cutaway acoustic about the size of a Taylor grand auditorium body. The distinguishing feature was that the cutaway was rounded off completely - it looked as if the guitar had been mirrored and the treble side shrunk to 3/4 size, if that makes sense.

I only have an idle interest in the guitar, and I still have the review somewhere but the magazine is at my parents' house so I don't have access to it right now, and despite the idleness of the interest I have in it, it's still really bugging me not knowing what the guitar is.

Well aware this is a long shot, but can anyone help out somehow?
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If it is that brand I have a Jumbo of theirs.  It's the best acoustic I've ever played, had it 9 years now and haven't bought another 6 string acoustic since as nothing has been as good (and god knows how many electrics and basses I've owned in that period).
  • EndpinEndpin Frets: 12
    Baden. Not around anymore I don’t think.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Czech you say? Could well be a Furch. Fabulous guitars, I have one of their Stonebridge branded dreadnoughts and adore it.
    Here we go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I remember that Baden now that I see it. Could very well be it but it's not Czech, although I doubt the country would be the clearest memory to hold on to. 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited February 2018
    Endpin said:
    That’s the other brand I was trying to find. For some reason I was thinking they were called Auden but that’s a different company. I had thought they were German from the name but they were made in Vietnam.

I played one around the time I got my BSG jumbo, though I think it was the D style not the A style as I originally thought I wanted a dreadnaught. The shapes were different to usual acoustics.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Endpin said:
    THAT WAS IT!

Anyone know if they're any good?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    The good Badens are meant to be very good but apparently the quality control was highly variable. Any 2nd hand one's that crop up now still seem overpriced to me.