SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Carr Mercury and a couple of nice guitars.

mli3mli3 Frets: 206
edited March 2018 in Amps £
Perfect condition. Stunning amp, having another baby need the space…
collect from london. See the “ sellers other listings” for the Tele & Strat details, not desperate to sell so won’t be accepting low offers and not able to do swaps...

Also have a really nice Gibson J-45 that I might let go for £1500. 

Any questions please do drop me a private message. 

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Had one of these last year, sold it and immediately regretted it. Lovely crunch and works well as home volume too. If I hadn't just bought a Lazy J I would have this in a shot.

GLWTS
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Had one of these last year, sold it and immediately regretted it. Lovely crunch and works well as home volume too. If I hadn't just bought a Lazy J I would have this in a shot.

GLWTS
    Tell me about it, I had one that I sold to you and it was the best amp I have ever had!  Like you say, it sounds full and dynamic at home volumes which no other attenuated amp I have had has ever been able to do.  In fact, I think mli3 enquired about it prior, alas it didn't work out but GLWYS!
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Haha thats right I did.. Tbh all these comments making me think I need to keep it !

• CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Had one of these last year, sold it and immediately regretted it. Lovely crunch and works well as home volume too. If I hadn't just bought a Lazy J I would have this in a shot.

GLWTS
    I brought this from you and similar to you loved it and did manage to gig it as well for one small gig. So they can manage to be heard at gig volumes as long as you don't want super clean.

It did re-valve it and that did improve it as well

I sold it simply as I saw a nice guitar I wanted and have other amps but noticed a week or so ago my buyer had it up for sale and I was tempted to buy it back.
  • I've recently been going through a heavy Mercury appreciation session myself. 

Such a killer sound on it's own, but also takes pedals so well.

The 2 watt setting is almost as fruity as the 8 watt in terms of richness of sound.

I always keep it in the first stage of boost.

Great amp! Whoever gets it is in for a treat.
  • mli3 said: Also have a really nice Gibson J-45 that I might let go for £1500. 
    I see £1000 was quickly edited to £1500... Pity, I’d have had it for the originally quoted price!  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Bump.
    Decided to keep the j-45, just love it too much. Tele & strat gone. Looking for £1400 for the Mercury. Its the 1x12, with eminence patriot Red white & Blues speaker. Its a US amp, runs on 110v. It comes with the Power converter.